Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finger Pointing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone noticed drivers of cars from oncoming traffic (for me usually one lane roads or parking lots) pointing their finger at you as they drive by? I have.. About 5 times so far that I've paid attention. Some arent even looking at me as they drive by pointing. Is this an anti- gesture? Or am I just being paranoid? Related to the recent fire?

mods: oops. On iphone so didnt notice which forum I was in. Plz move if needed.

Which finger are they pointing and pointed at you or up in the air? :) Maybe they are telling the passengers what an awesome car? I routinely point out (and at) Model S cars to people in my vehicle. I also give OK or thumbs up to the drivers. Maybe they are future owners like me and are pointing and saying to themselves "there's one like I'm going to get."

Which finger are they pointing and pointed at you or up in the air? :) Maybe they are telling the passengers what an awesome car? I routinely point out (and at) Model S cars to people in my vehicle. I also give OK or thumbs up to the drivers. Maybe they are future owners like me and are pointing and saying to themselves "there's one like I'm going to get."

so far they have all been solo drivers, pointing with index finger.

I have had others give me a thumbs up sign, never a middle finger.

I take it as "haha your car caught on fire" just from the recent incident, but that could just be me.

It's people like ME who are obsessively waiting for their own Model S! I'm one of those who say "nice car!" and big thumbs up whenever I see one drive by. If I see one with the owner, I always have to go over and tell them how cool I think these are and that I have one on the way. :D

ETA: I have found that the owners of Model S cars are very friendly and excited to talk about their cars. You guys are the best ambassadors for the product and a big reason why I wanted to join the club! :)

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed drivers of cars from oncoming traffic (for me usually one lane roads or parking lots) pointing their finger at you as they drive by? I have.. About 5 times so far that I've paid attention. Some arent even looking at me as they drive by pointing. Is this an anti- gesture? Or am I just being paranoid? Related to the recent fire?

mods: oops. On iphone so didnt notice which forum I was in. Plz move if needed.

For sure. But what I've noticed most is people taking out their phones and shooting pictures. Happens to me all the time. Maybe it's the multicoat red:)