Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fingers Crossed for Tonight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to hold off on awarding the Model 3 until the P and/or D come out next year. They can point to the better performance and also will have avoided honoring BEVs two years in a row.

Seemed to be a lot of inconsistencies in the selection. I guess it all boils down to their seat-of-the-pants feel. They complained about the Model 3 price, but the Alpha upper level model is $80K. Not what they were testing? Well, they seemed to compare the Quadrifoglio performance when convenient for them to have it win.

Maybe they'll have more trouble when the dual motor Model 3 is available.

I pity these poor guys when the new Roadster is out. They will have a very hard time coming up with a reason to criticize it, other than it doesn't make noise like their impression of a good car. Sounds like Cadillac is putting desirable car-like sounds out of the stereo in their cars -- maybe Tesla needs to come up with a "Motor Trend" setting to do that for their cars...

These guys love Tesla, YOU just can't be objective.
When I want to point friends to internet videos to highlight the S and X performance it is videos by those guys I point to

These guys love Tesla, YOU just can't be objective.
When I want to point friends to internet videos to highlight the S and X performance it is videos by those guys I point to
No, I can't be objective.

But I don't think the Model 3 should have won, if that's the impression I gave. I think Tesla made serious errors in their execution and design of the interior of the M3. My fear is that they will continue to make the same mis-judgements on redesigns of the MX and MS, as well as the Roadster.

• Disagree
Reactions: Eclectic and zkmusa
How many times in history has an automobile been so anticipated? It's like a perfect storm placed on a silver platter at the feet of journalists... How do you wiff that?

What is the current backlog for the Alfa? Hmm......
Maybe the 3 isn't as objectively great as all of us enthusiasts want it to be compared to other cars on the market...? I'm no fan of MT and really want Tesla to succeed, but I'm really starting to wonder...

Meh, I can see them picking the Gulia. After all, it rhymes with Guliet.

0f4a49586c2b30b85018b7ad45dfd14f.jpg

Also, the reviewers seemed impressed across all the trims/powertrains. We'll see about the 2019 car of the year once Tesla starts making deliveries of the $35k Model 3.

Reactions: Thomas Edison
Meh, I can see them picking the Gulia. After all, it rhymes with Guliet.

Also, the reviewers seemed impressed across all the trims/powertrains. We'll see about the 2019 car of the year once Tesla starts making deliveries of the $35k Model 3.

I don't believe the Model 3 can qualify again? The car has to be either new or significantly redone, right?

Motor Trend Car of the Year - Wikipedia

• Informative
Reactions: omgwtfbyobbq
So now that I’ve got my Model 3, the all-knowing Facebook targeted ads have been getting a little desperate.

The Motor Trend Car of the Year doesn’t seem to be selling so well. Can’t imagine what customers are buying instead. ;)

View attachment 296656 View attachment 296657

looking at discounts, its almost like an electric vehicle purchase in california. must be a lot of competition out there for the car of the year.