Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finkenbusch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes - but there are more reasons -

- no shaft to the rotor means no vibrations
(A very big deal on a cruise ship)
- cost effective
- the heavy engines & generators can be located anywhere where they fit the ship structure best
(as the current is delivered to the motors by a wire thick as a Sumo wrestlers arm)
- huge torque
- the ship can land by itself (380 degrees motors - 2 main 4 for maneuvering total 6) without trawler in every harbor - saves a huge amount of money
- the excess heat is multiple used - e.g. on board water desalination, waste decomposition e.g.

Last edited:
Sorry for that - and dont take it personal please

It is high time we had those debates. When President Eisenhower warned us against the "Military and Industrial Complex" he didn't tell half of it. There is an advocacy, bureaucratic, and commercial complex in every policy area.
[/COLOR]

I like your statement.

Anyhow - to understand the hesitation the USA are confronted today it is important to know why and that what many feel here.
Dont believe the *sugar* Bush is quacking - "bcs "we" are free..."

Basically every halfways intelligent men adored the USA and everything what what going / coming with it, good, also less attractive and yes - we accepted also some bad manners (softly spoken) whatever. More then I can express here we admired everything what came with, was attached, had the trademark or somehow close with the USA.

Over time we have lost the America we knew / slice by slice the love cololed and turned - for some more some less / faster / slower
-then electing G.W. twice was the crossing of the Rubicon for most

and that very US politic and government deeds affected (including legitimating torture) makes a lot of people rethink, repelled, worrisome and even angry.

Surely inside, but many outside other the USA. And that figure is growing - only Obama could bring the spirit back - the way I see it.

So its not a anti-something - its more hope for fundamental change
- more a cheated lover feeling - a bruised love-affair.

I duly hope that this can be mend in a few generations - at least so long it would take to repair what high-jackers have done to "our" common beloved USA, the american constitution, the former beacon of hope for so many - we all trusted once.

If you recommend / drag a Nobel price winner into your argument
- I have one too your should carefully listen to - so you understand better:

Harold Pinter Nobel price winner literature

[youtube]GY2Z27Y-HJE[/youtube]

---quote---
Mr. Pinter is not only one of the great literary figures, but a man of immense compassion and a great social and political critic. One has to pity the idiots who are afraid of Mr. Pinter, afraid of his ideas, his integrity.
---unquote--

My condolences to 9/11 to America

Last edited:
Yes, but do they have regen braking?! :wink:

Worse - they have not even a electrical storage for (huge wasted - but ok - its free) surplus energy.
They have batteries capable running the full ship (maximum for 30 minutes) until the auxiliary motors are jumping in - but thats it.

You should note that while in harbor only one diesel is running - at full speed most or all are powered up.
So to say conserving is done

I duly hope that this can be mend in a few generations - at least so long it would take to repair what high-jackers have done to "our" common beloved USA, the american constitution, the former beacon of hope for so many - we all trusted once.

This has all happened before. Suggested reading:

Propaganda of the Spanish American War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Spanish–American War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Philippine–American War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What we learn from history, most of all, is that we don't learn from history.

If you mean the car - here in Europe its a mere 160.000 US$
your right.

But that is the price they will charge after they have made the car, they don't have all that money in their pocket already. That is the problem with being a startup and starting on their first car.

Remember, all the money Tesla has right now is chump change compared to the budgets of any one of the mainstream automakers. You talk like the US government (going to the moon) or some large corporation (McDonalds & seagoing vessels) gives money to Tesla Motors. This point was brought up before, but 2000 units per year is probably too small for most transmission companies to really care, esp when it also involves expensive R&D (which is why Magna sued).

I just don't think the transmission problem is as trivial as you make it out to be because if it was, Tesla should have been able to take it off the shelf like most of the other parts. Wanted to add I'm not saying Tesla didn't make bad decisions and screw up, but I'm saying the transmission isn't as easy to design as you say it is.

Last edited:
Cruise ship pollution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

At least it cut down on forum pollution for a while.

The problem is much to complex to find a solution the simple woven Bush way: "we good against them evil"
That problem existed indeed and was taken head on by the cruise ship industry.

Nowadays on the modern cruise ships (the few I was on) the waste management would make any small USA town proud to have.
The waste, gray & black-water treatment is even for the extreme high Austrian standard perfect
(we have in Austria probably the best water in the world - most comes from ancient glaciers)
as it releases basically no pollution worth mentioning or being afraid of behind.

Multistage cleaning, including large bacterial ponds to break down the last remaining chemical debris I have seen on board
the leading MCS cruise ships
MSC Cruises | Beautiful. Passionate. Italian.

myself.

Cooking oil from the kitchen leftover is separated, processed and added to the ships fuel - burned in the ship diesels.
Waste which cannot be processed on board is sealed, cooled and discharged from ship in the port to be incinerated.

Cruise ships are a easy target (commies "kill the rich") and political proper to criticize - especially for many private and state industries and investors special interests, having the intention hiding the real imminent dangers on the seas - and their involvement

Its not a pipi of a old lady on a cruise ship, folks,
the world will under. e.g. the way of the
Studebaker, GM & Chrysler -
the globe can take that little pipi without blushing.

So my dear TEG - Dont insist stubbornly on things you know from hearsay of third parties only - because you dont like me for trashing your perfect little world with solid & hard facts of real life.

The real destroyer of the worlds seas are the countless offshore drilling platforms, nuclear industry, plastic bag industry (the most beautiful Italian coastline - the Amalfi coast above Napes is a stinking huge pile of extremely slow rotting plastic & bags - whole parts of Sicily are covered with industry discharge as far as from BG carried on by train already) and plastic lobby, oil-tankers.
The illegal dumpster industry earns the Camorra, Ndraghetta & Mafia (dumping waste from vessels and especially dangerous one by planes into the sea) more in semi-illegal net income then heroin & prostitution combined.

But on the seas especially the nuclear driven US military vessels, ships, aircraft-carriers and the submarines all in all ruthless plundering mother nature in many ways and far fiercer and for aeons to come.

Military ships go often with many times the folks on board a modern cruise ship has- not giving a rats ass for environmental footprint.

The army (their contractors are tripling that figure and are even worse) is leaving radiation and other extremely dangerous pollution behind and in front, our next generations to come will have a hard time to break down and survive.
No more bomb-making, but lots of work nonetheless

The damage done by military today remain so long stressing in the future our environment and will continue giving the US moral standing in the world a very sour touch,
even G.W. s pollution of the world would be forgotten by the time the leftover poses no harm anymore...

...and thats a very, very long time.

So my dear friend TEG - to conclude:

In contrary to a cruise ships little old lady's very personal absolutely ecological friendly and full degradable footprint (her little *sugar*)
stands the poisonous militaristic industrial Tyrannosaurus Rex leftover. Piling and stinkin skyhigh.

Last edited:
To explain the content of the last mail from Tesla to its buyers - having handed over a solid heap of money for nothing -
much shorter:

- we screwed you and will go on screwing either
you and / or find other laymen's.

You can have your deposit we worked back ,
with it happily worked with while passing the time you where waiting for delivery (without interest) with PR comments
either you let us have plundering your investment further or we shall surely find some more of your kind...

We charge them more from the beginning - bcs. no risk no fun.

Get it?

:)

Last edited:
Maybe someone accidentally left one of these in the trunk...

camembert.jpg

:wink: