Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

fire at Parsippany NJ supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
someone posted this on facebook yesterday, and said that according to the app all the superchargers there are down and that the fire itself looked to be 'inside' the supercharging equipment (not the cars). just fyi if anyone goes through there for their commute. guessing they will be offline for a while.

for a second I thought it might affect my commute because I saw the wawa in the background but then realized this is different than the kearny nj wawa supercharger where I regularly charge at.

again noting that this picture isn't mine. it was posted to the 'TESLA Owners Worldwide' facebook group.

75450098_10213155597924772_4403422105056575488_n.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
A fire was reported to have been caused by a Tesla Supercharger at a Wawa store in New Jersey last weekend, but a local fire official now says Tesla had nothing to do with the cause of the fire.

On Sunday, a fire was reported at the Tesla Supercharger station located at Wawa’s Parsippany, New Jersey, store.

<snip>

Matthew Palmeiri, who works for Parsippany-Troy Hills Fire Department District 5, told Automotive News that Jersey Central Power & Light had a problem with a transformer next to the Tesla Supercharger:

No vehicles were involved; it wasn’t the charging stations at all. It was a separate onsite transformer that sends power from JCP&L to the charging stations… Nothing to do really with the charging stations.

He added:

Once the power was isolated, we were able to extinguish the fire. The scene was turned over to representatives from the power company and Wawa to have repairs made to the transformer.

<snip>
Tesla 'had nothing to do with 'Supercharger fire,' says local fire official - Electrek

Reactions: MP3Mike