Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fire Evacuation: Are Teslas Safer Than Ice Vehicles?

If you're evacuating due to a fire, do you take your Tesla or your ICE Vehicle?

• Tesla

Votes: 23 82.1%
  • ICE Vehicle

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • I would not evacuate

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's not such a straightforward choice. While clearly the unpopular opinion, I'd take my ICE car. Bear with me.

For those with newer Teslas (LR 3 and LR S/X) it probably starts making sense but with my 75D, I would run out of juice much much faster than with our ICE car.

The fact that I can keep it topped up and leave with the battery at 100% does not matter in this case as it still has less than half the range of our ICE car.

Btw, for those who praise Tesla that you can use the browser to keep up to date with news - good luck listening to emergency broadcasts on the AM radio. Oh wait ;)

It's not such a straightforward choice. While clearly the unpopular opinion, I'd take my ICE car. Bear with me.

For those with newer Teslas (LR 3 and LR S/X) it probably starts making sense but with my 75D, I would run out of juice much much faster than with our ICE car.

The fact that I can keep it topped up and leave with the battery at 100% does not matter in this case as it still has less than half the range of our ICE car.

Btw, for those who praise Tesla that you can use the browser to keep up to date with news - good luck listening to emergency broadcasts on the AM radio. Oh wait ;)

I have a 75 too and I’d still pick it every time. At the moment it’s actually our only car so it’s an easy choice. ;)

Reactions: cucubits
Moderator note: Moved 20 posts to Snippiness, mostly for people attacking and insulting each other (against TMC forum rules) over issues that were off-topic for this thread to begin with.

There were a few other posts that came along as "collateral damage", mostly because they made no sense in the remaining context of this thread or were quoting snippiness. Members with posts falling in this category should feel free to re-post any on-topic contributions with my apologies for the inconvenience.

Bruce.