TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Fire Extinguisher Bracket

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by Roadster, Nov 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Roadster

Roadster Member

This is more for the placebo effect of feeling safe(r) by having an ABC extinguisher within arms reach, but does anyone have any recommendations for one that can mount to the front of the passenger seat?

I looked at the Sector 111 FXbracket2 which attaches onto the seat bolts but the mounting tabs are side-facing which won't work with the narrow channel of the fixed seat rail since the opening is aft.

I also looked at The Bracketeer which is universal-fit mount but I don't think it will extend out far enough from the mounting point to work.

Would love to see photos of your mounting solution if you have one, thx.

2. rudholm

rudholm Member

I just keep one in the trunk.

3. MileHighMotoring

What good would a fire extinguisher do in a Roadster?

4. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

It is not needed as there is no flammable gasoline on board.

5. gregd

gregd Active Member

If you want a passenger to feel safe, the last thing I would think of would be mount a fire extinguisher right under their legs. I agree with Rudholm; the trunk is a good place for it, for use on the odd ICE Flambe you might encounter on the highway. There's really no extra space in the cabin for non-essential equipment.

• Like x 1
  6. Roadster

Roadster Member

#6 Roadster, Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    I'm trying to be prepared for something even as small as a 12V battery fire as shown below and discussed here:

I drive by myself most days and have always had an extinguisher within arms reach out of habit from my ICEmobile days. Call it foolish but it gives me some addl. peace of mind having one there. These cars are rare enough already so if I can give myself even a little bit of hope in the unlikely event of a fire, I prefer to be prepared.

7. MileHighMotoring

If there's a fire, run. If you have time to get the extinguisher out, you're sticking around too long.

8. Oricle

Oricle Member

Maybe try one of these. It's small and light, so building a mounting solution should be easy

Element | Comparison

• Helpful x 1
  9. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

An ABC extinguisher is going to make a huge mess. Get a Halon unit. Halon Fire Extinguisher (Small)