Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fire Extinguisher Bracket

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Roadster

JdeMO Powered
Dec 10, 2016
SoCal
This is more for the placebo effect of feeling safe(r) by having an ABC extinguisher within arms reach, but does anyone have any recommendations for one that can mount to the front of the passenger seat?

I looked at the Sector 111 FXbracket2 which attaches onto the seat bolts but the mounting tabs are side-facing which won't work with the narrow channel of the fixed seat rail since the opening is aft.

I also looked at The Bracketeer which is universal-fit mount but I don't think it will extend out far enough from the mounting point to work.

Would love to see photos of your mounting solution if you have one, thx.

This is more for the placebo effect of feeling safe(r) by having an ABC extinguisher within arms reach, but does anyone have any recommendations for one that can mount to the front of the passenger seat?
If you want a passenger to feel safe, the last thing I would think of would be mount a fire extinguisher right under their legs. I agree with Rudholm; the trunk is a good place for it, for use on the odd ICE Flambe you might encounter on the highway. There's really no extra space in the cabin for non-essential equipment.

Reactions: dhrivnak
I'm trying to be prepared for something even as small as a 12V battery fire as shown below and discussed here:

I drive by myself most days and have always had an extinguisher within arms reach out of habit from my ICEmobile days. Call it foolish but it gives me some addl. peace of mind having one there. These cars are rare enough already so if I can give myself even a little bit of hope in the unlikely event of a fire, I prefer to be prepared.

Last edited: