TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Fire Extinguisher installed

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Jello, May 25, 2013.

1. Jello

Jello Member

In my prior car (Mercedes CLK 500), I had the factory fire extinguisher on a bracket attached to the drivers seat. i remember it was around $300 for the European bracket and extinguisher to be shipped to me from The Netherlands, since it wasn't available in the US. A couple of years ago, as I'm getting on the freeway near my house. I see a small brushfire has started on the on-ramp. I blocked the traffic, grabbed the extinguisher and put the fire out....then paid the stupid $300 again for another extinguisher.

Anyway, I couldn't figure out where I could mount one within easy reach from the driver in my Model S, so I mounted one in the trunk, instead. This is the one that fits in thats space. I spray-painted it black first...

Attached Files:

2. T@oo

And you want to extinquish on your MS .. what?

3. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Well-Known Member

I'm guessing it's for when he goes tailgating at the next big game and pops open the frunk that'll contain the barbecue...

4. Jello

Jello Member

I've always had an extinguisher in my cars. I'm just pointing out a place to mount one for like-minded people. Better to have one and not need it, than vise-versa.

5. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Well-Known Member

Yep, as long as there are ICE's on the road, you may need that sucker to put out their fires. :wink:

6. sfriedrich

sfriedrich Member

Please tell more about the actual mounting experience.

7. Ocelot

Ocelot Member

i think this is a great idea. best to be prepared.