Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fire risk: GM recalls 303,000 Chevrolet, GMC pickups

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
8 fires and 303,000 recalled and no big deal, 3 Tesla's and no recall and the s--- hits the fan. Certainly Tesla is being held to a much higher and ridiculous standard. Why do you think this happened, maybe it is the media or is it something else going on.

It's the media hungry for ratings. No one reads/listens to stories about GMs burning because it's common and it's a GM so poor quality is expected. Tesla is "hot" so it will get increase ratings.

Did the Chevies burn to the ground? Were the cars totaled?

Doubt it. Every fire department in the world has quite a bit of experience in dealing with ICE fires. Every North American fire department is quite experienced with dealing with full size pickup fires.

As opposed to opening a hole in the frunk so a controlled fire aiming toward the ground is allowed to spread through the frunk and continue to spread after pouring water on an electrical fire.

Doubt it. Every fire department in the world has quite a bit of experience in dealing with ICE fires. Every North American fire department is quite experienced with dealing with full size pickup fires.

Very experienced, as these things burn all the time, but that has nothing to do with whether the car burned to the ground or not. I've seen firemen standing around a burning car, hosing down the pavement so it doesn't melt. If a car is that involved you're not going to be able to stop it. It depends on how big the fire gets before the firemen arrive.

Very experienced, as these things burn all the time, but that has nothing to do with whether the car burned to the ground or not. I've seen firemen standing around a burning car, hosing down the pavement so it doesn't melt. If a car is that involved you're not going to be able to stop it. It depends on how big the fire gets before the firemen arrive.

Agreed. The firemen I have talked to recently ( talking to them about this issue has become one of my new hobbies ) have responded to more car fires than house fires.
The average person is probably more likely to experience leaving a burning car than leaving a burning building.