Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fire Spotting! NOT a model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I was on my way home from work last Friday and as I pulled into town I spotted this curious site

attachment.php?attachmentid=38392&d=1387302576.jpg

Sorry for the bad phone picture :wink: but I think you get the idea. It was a Mid-2000 Ford Focus fully engulfed in flames. Everyone escaped unharmed. The photo is at an exit of one of the local banks. Apparently, the car was leaving the drivethru of the bank when it all of the sudden decided to burst into flames. Thought it was an interesting data point to add with all of the fire talk around here lately. Just for the record, i didn't see Fords stock drop by 30% the next day. Maybe someone should write a Seeking Alpha article.....

I think you get the idea. It was a Mid-2000 Ford Focus fully engulfed in flames. Everyone escaped unharmed. The photo is at an exit of one of the local banks. Apparently, the car was leaving the drivethru of the bank when it all of the sudden decided to burst into flames. Thought it was an interesting data point to add with all of the fire talk around here lately. Just for the record, i didn't see Fords stock drop by 30% the next day. Maybe someone should write a Seeking Alpha article.....

that's because Ford's burn every day. According to the National Vehicle Fire Statistics, about 37 cars catch on fire every hour in the US (one every 96 seconds). Can't have the stock plummeting on a daily basis now, can we? The world has just grown numb to ICE car fires because they happen hundreds of times daily.