Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fire Truck Hits Our Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lynnpt2001

Cookie Monster MX & M3
Sep 9, 2015
Greencastle PA
It appears to be damage to the front wheel and front bumper, trim around wheel well, not sure if anything behind the bumper is damaged. The truck turned into the left lane, I tried backing up but I had a 23 foot boat in tow and figured someone was behind me. Video clips shows how close he turned although it doesn't show the actual impact.

Reactions: IdaX
Did the fire engine go the wrong way around a roundabout? Why on earth would they do that? That just seems like a terrible idea.
It appears that they had their emergency lights on. If so they can go that route if they feel it would improve their response time but they are still required to be safe in doing so, which includes making sure the path is safe and they ensure that the right of way is clear and other cars "give them" the right of way.

In this case it looks like they simply did not maneuver safely around the Model X.

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
At least the only injury was to your Model X & not to any people! Any idea yet how long it will take to repair? Hopefully not months to get parts like it used to be.
I can't speak to front end parts, but I was worried about part availability for my X, which is essentially getting the complete rear end rebuilt. Tesla had the laundry list of parts to the shop within a week of the shop ordering and that includes a new tailgate, both rear quarter panels, bumper and a slew of structural and interior parts.

I can't speak to front end parts, but I was worried about part availability for my X, which is essentially getting the complete rear end rebuilt. Tesla had the laundry list of parts to the shop within a week of the shop ordering and that includes a new tailgate, both rear quarter panels, bumper and a slew of structural and interior parts.

you should also ask for diminished value payment since clearly it was there fault.

you should also ask for diminished value payment since clearly it was there fault.

Which insurer do you have?
In over a decade of having AAA insurance, the times I was in an accident (none being my fault), I have never been able to receive diminished value payment, no matter how much up the ladder I tried to escalate it with AAA.
Maybe, it’s a mistake to involve my own insurance in not-at-fault accidents?

Which insurer do you have?
In over a decade of having AAA insurance, the times I was in an accident (none being my fault), I have never been able to receive diminished value payment, no matter how much up the ladder I tried to escalate it with AAA.
Maybe, it’s a mistake to involve my own insurance in not-at-fault accidents?
You need to go after the at fault insurance carrier. So in this case it would be the insurance company for the fire truck that hit you.

• Informative
Reactions: TespaceX