Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firearm storage model 3 [and other firearms discussion]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a pistol in the map pocket of the driver door. Sometimes in the center console. But gotta ask... isn't the entire car a "lockable container"?
Not sure about the regulations in the US, but here in Canada the container must be lockable, "reasonably secure" and opaque, which car windows are not. You are required here to lock guns in the trunk if you leave the car unattended, which brings up questions for SUVs...

Not sure about the regulations in the US, but here in Canada the container must be lockable, "reasonably secure" and opaque, which car windows are not. You are required here to lock guns in the trunk if you leave the car unattended, which brings up questions for SUVs...
Would you believe in South Carolina the laws says “closed container”? Hmmm my wife’s purse is a closed container.

A Vaultek LifePod fits perfectly behind the center console. You can run the steel security cable under the driver or passenger seat. From the outside of the car it actually looks like it is just part of the center console and if you wanted to keep it hidden you could probably throw a floor mat over it.

Attachments

• vaultek_01.jpeg
    vaultek_01.jpeg
    216.2 KB · Views: 267
  • vaultek_02.jpeg
    vaultek_02.jpeg
    249.5 KB · Views: 229
  • vaultek_03.jpg
    vaultek_03.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 213
A Vaultek LifePod fits perfectly behind the center console. You can run the steel security cable under the driver or passenger seat. From the outside of the car it actually looks like it is just part of the center console and if you wanted to keep it hidden you could probably throw a floor mat over it.
Good to know, this might be a good option. I like your username by the way, haha!

colion noir has been promoting that item, not sure if its "worth" nearly 4x the price of my cheapo portable safe .
The location is still iffy, by smash and grab standards though. The material looks VERY close to the weather mats that most of us have (maxpider). Should help blend in even more.

Reactions: LionXng
colion noir has been promoting that item, not sure if its "worth" nearly 4x the price of my cheapo portable safe .
The location is still iffy, by smash and grab standards though. The material looks VERY close to the weather mats that most of us have (maxpider). Should help blend in even more.

Yeah, it's a polymer safe instead of a metal one so you're definitely not wrong about the price. However the build quality is really good. The other thing that's worth noting is that there was an issue where you could open the safe with a fork, but once Vaultek found out about it they sent everyone a small kit to fix the issue until their firmware update was ready so I liked their rapid response.

Yeah, it's a polymer safe instead of a metal one so you're definitely not wrong about the price. However the build quality is really good. The other thing that's worth noting is that there was an issue where you could open the safe with a fork, but once Vaultek found out about it they sent everyone a small kit to fix the issue until their firmware update was ready so I liked their rapid response.
Awesome customer service! I've been eyeing their slider, but not sure it'll fit in that slot. The polymer one is nice as it cuts down on weight for checked baggage but I don't see myself traveling a lot anytime soon.

PS. I was born and went to high school in berks county (Reading, PA)

Awesome customer service! I've been eyeing their slider, but not sure it'll fit in that slot. The polymer one is nice as it cuts down on weight for checked baggage but I don't see myself traveling a lot anytime soon.

PS. I was born and went to high school in berks county (Reading, PA)

I have the slider mounted in my house, it is an awesome safe too but it is surprisingly large. The mounting bracket adds about a half an inch to the width of it too. I don't think it would fit anywhere in the car since everything is narrow.

Also, Heck yeah. Pennsylvania homies locking it down!

Reactions: ai4px
LPL ruins everything

• Funny
Reactions: Phlier
We are here, and take note.
But careful, the anti 2A mods on here will find a reason to zap, or relocate posts to never never land. Censorship is constant.

Moderator note: Firearm storage in a Tesla is a valid topic for discussion, and perfectly on-topic for this forum. Just leave the politics out of it, and treat other TMC members with respect...the same as with any other discussion topic. And please remember your moderators ("anti 2A" or otherwise) are members too.

Thanks,

Bruce.

We are here, and take note.
But careful, the anti 2A mods on here will find a reason to zap, or relocate posts to never never land. Censorship is constant.
If you REALLY believe you’re being censored - and I’ll note, I’m actually reading your comment, so . . . “censorship” hasn’t happened, then put your money where your mouth is and quit the forum.

I support the right to have a firearm - and carry one frequently in my Model 3, but I’m tired of - and not idly standing by and failing to comment on - nonsense there are “anti 2A mods on here”. If you have actual evidence of that, present it. If you don’t, then don’t falsely accuse. If you really think there are “anti 2A mods”, please leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.