Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firearm storage model 3 [and other firearms discussion]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems massively unnecessary. Just put the pistol in a holster and put the whole thing in the center console or glovebox.

If you're carrying because you're police or for some odd personal reason, the gun should be in a holster on you.

Better yet, leave the guns at home in a locked container where they belong. If transporting, a locked case in the trunk or backseat is good. That's how I handle them.
There are locations where you cannot carry your firearm. OP is asking for a secured option inside the vehicle in which he can store his firearm temporarily for those situations. Ideally the storage would be one that can be accessed while seated in the front seat so you can disarm and store without looking like you're hiding something valuable. He'd also like the storage to be secure enough to survive a vehicle smash and grab.

Hi everyone!

Looks like console vault has made something for the model 3 (pre refresh).

Tesla Model 3 2017-2020-1126

Going to look into buying it this week. I have a tray for sunglasses/coins etc there and have to figure out how to fit or move things around to accommodate this safe. Looks like it should fit most subcompacts. Any thoughts or any new solutions?

Dimensions:
Interior: 10.75" L x 5.25” W x 6.25" H
Lid Opening: 6.25" L x 4.75" W

Hi everyone!

Looks like console vault has made something for the model 3 (pre refresh).

Tesla Model 3 2017-2020-1126

Going to look into buying it this week. I have a tray for sunglasses/coins etc there and have to figure out how to fit or move things around to accommodate this safe. Looks like it should fit most subcompacts. Any thoughts or any new solutions?

Dimensions:
Interior: 10.75" L x 5.25” W x 6.25" H
Lid Opening: 6.25" L x 4.75" W
Let me know how you make out. I have a stock Gen 5 Glock 19 I'd like to integrate into my 2018 Model 3 LR. Thanks

A0F2B062-B464-4C30-9AD4-68894C9CEDC3.jpeg

3AC1802C-F5B5-4F36-8FAF-E03F92B8887F.jpeg

0E18A1ED-3F67-4630-B457-C63FD0267152.jpeg

I might cut off the handle as it seems to be an area where a thief can use for leverage with a pry bar. I’m also torn between which storage area is now more safe for my firearm (bigger sub trunk or vault).

With the presence of the vault it might be a good decoy and direct attention away from the bigger sub trunk. The big sub trunk is hard to reach if they’re trying to get to it from inside the car especially with a rubber trunk mat.

Reactions: vletnguyen
Mine just came in yesterday (console vault honored the code). I'll probably install later tonight or tomorrow. I like the sub trunk idea but it's not "secured" and not convenient as you would have eyes on you going to the trunk. All this is to deter smash and grab anyway.

I am hoping there is room (or I'd have to drill a small hole or cut a notch) for USB/12v hub.

Quick observations after a test fitment.

They installed my combination lock and decal plate upside down as well @rijc99
I am also thinking of removing that metal tab as well as the spring loaded mechanism and/or simply pulling up on the lock should be enough?
I am going to order a flat usb extension and run it so I can lock up my SSD.
The usb/12v hub fit fine through the gap, it did cut up the blue lightning cable some, so I moved it next to the thicker black usb/12v hub.

I'll bolt it down after i run the usb extension as my current SSD setup is too short.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 5.54.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 5.54.38 PM.png
    2 MB · Views: 98
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 5.54.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 5.54.24 PM.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 112
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 5.54.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 5.54.03 PM.png
    2 MB · Views: 106
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 5.53.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 5.53.48 PM.png
    2 MB · Views: 102
Quick observations after a test fitment.

They installed my combination lock and decal plate upside down as well @rijc99
I am also thinking of removing that metal tab as well as the spring loaded mechanism and/or simply pulling up on the lock should be enough?
I am going to order a flat usb extension and run it so I can lock up my SSD.
The usb/12v hub fit fine through the gap, it did cut up the blue lightning cable some, so I moved it next to the thicker black usb/12v hub.

I'll bolt it down after i run the usb extension as my current SSD setup is too short.
I feel gripping it at the lock assisted by the spring load is more than enough. I did think about putting a cable through the gap but I was afraid the constant movement might be enough to cut through the insulation over time. If you're looking to run a wire I would cut a small notch and put a grommet on the metal so there is no chance of it cutting the insulation over time.

Reactions: vletnguyen
Status
Not open for further replies.