Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

firearms storage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you own or wish to carry a gun in Florida (whether in your car, on your ankle, concealed or otherwise), you need to own and study this book by Jon N. Gutmacher:

"Florida Firearms -- Law, Use & Ownership"

Agreed, most people that buy a firearm think the most important accessory are hi cap magazines, I think it's the above mentioned book.

- - - Updated - - -

More importantly, is that a select fire lever I see on the back of the slide? It's hard to tell in the shadows.

That would explain the need for ~100 rounds. Even the 33's are a bit excessive on a semi-auto Glock.

I doubt that it's a Glock 18, as far as I know there are no transferable class 3 select fire glocks and you would have to be a Special Occupation Taxpayer to build / posses one. Just my opinion but they are one of the most uncontrollable weapons out there along with the "micro uzi"

Last edited:
I have a S&W .380 "bodyguard" that I put in the cubby under the center screen. The case that comes with it fits perfectly in the cubby and looks (if you can even see it) like a owners manual booklet case, not what it actually is. Works for me.

IMHO, the best place for a gun in the car is on one's person in a secure holster. Much less chance of the gun suddenly ending up out of reach due to an accident or any other situation that involves dramatic changes in direction or velocity. Not to mention situations in which one is unexpectedly separated from the vehicle, either intentionally or unintentionally.

This, of course, segues into a discussion of ideal holsters for use in an automobile and that's a discussion that takes on a life of its own and is probably best held on a different forum...

Reactions: StoXto3toY
IMHO, the best place for a gun in the car is on one's person in a secure holster. Much less chance of the gun suddenly ending up out of reach due to an accident or any other situation that involves dramatic changes in direction

+1

It still may be reasonable to have a back-up such as an LCR or LCP or something in the kangaroo or glove-box.

And one might consider keeping a second-chance or dragon-skin in the trunk as long as it's not baking in the sun all day with extremely high interior temps.

The trunk-well is good place (if one doesn't have the 3rd row seat option) to keep the larger hardware in the event that the SHTF.

I'm hoping the Tesla CCI will allow for at least smaller, more conceal carry friendly handguns to be stowed in there. Right now having mine in the glovebox is too far away... and I get tired of trying to climb over the seat to put it in my yacht floor "organizer" then back into the glove every time I get in/out of the car. Not ideal for sure.

Springfield Armory XD?

unfortunately the column holster is not recommended for a tesla because of the airbags,

for the Tesla, anywhere there is an airbag, do not holster your gun there, that includes the sides of your seat, anywhere near the curtain airbag and by your knees.
best place is probably a custom center console mount, the center console is so big you can fit a freaking Tavor w/ 16in barrel there so a compact handgun is obviously no problem.
quick draw from the center i guess would only be for right handed shooters.

for left handed shooters i would probably have a custom holster on the floor parallel to the seat not he left side, it will not block any controls there.

my tar21 is 18.5" canadian legal, so the 16 in will lay flat, and obviously any other tar21 smaller (micro tar) will fit.

0lHSIWm.jpg

wFali7i.jpg

if you dont need to rapidly draw and you are only transporting, i recommend the front trunk, when i go to the range i have a Nanuk 935 case (check-in size with rolley wheels) i always throw up front, most people will not suspect cargo under the hood of a vehicle.

Last edited:
HaHa! Thanks YoungStranger but no, I've no need for a lead box in the armrest for my polonium.

Turning to you guys over the pond, this thread has taken weapons escalation to a whole new level! We are only at page 6 and already I see AC1K is toting something that I would expect only Vladimir Putin's chauffer to have to (left or right) hand.

I predict:

Page 8: Claymores on the front bumper to make sure pedestrians know you're coming

Page 10: A bazooka in the frunk

Page 12: Cruise missile

This is turning in to the best willy waggling contest of all time!

Driver seat kangaroo pouch? (Only with leather interior IIRC) Don't forget the "securely encased" requirement in FL, so it might be an issue of size and where your firearm fits.

the kangaroo pocket wouldnt be bad, he would have to fabricate a mount for the holster as its wobbly, the pocket is obviously not designed to handle that weight.
The handgun is not in my way, this is a 4.5" barrel BTW, if he had something smaller like an M&P shield 9 or glock 26 (even a 19 maybe?) it would be completely out of the way.

under the radio cubby hole works too but again, need fabricated mount.

**Disclaimer** you are NOT authorized to do this in Canada unless you have an ATC, this information is only for ccw holders in the US in states that permit vehicle carry, and as for Florida? lol no.. dont... C790.053 says it has to be on your person out of sight**

DZJztcL.jpg

hard to see from the angle but the firearm does not rise high enough to touch the bottom of my leg

rmL7OcN.jpg

under the cubby hole is good, you can probably bolt a holster to the bottom (if you are brave enough to drill holes in your Tesla that is),

mkmqzHy.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I am a little comcerned.. That is a pretty powerful weapon.

I see AC1K is toting something that I would expect only Vladimir Putin's chauffer to have to (left or right) hand.

naah its not that powerful, it shoots the little .223 REM round, if you go to the shooting range nearly everyone has one there now, one of the best non-restricted .223 rifles you can get. a powerful round i would say is a .30-06, or .338 or .408 Cheytac,

note sure if russia would want to use that rifle, they probably will stick to their AKs, this is an Israeli made firearm, the russians probably have enough of their own home made ones without having to buy someone elses haha

also if you openly carry a rifle or handgun in canada you will go to jail for 5 - 10 years immediately, doesnt matter what license you have, since i dont want to go to jail i dont do things like that.

Great thread............so glad to see some Tesla owners who believe in the 2nd amendment! I proudly display my NRA Life Member emblem on the rear of my MS and have gotten plenty of thumbs ups, specifically about the emblem. Some have asked if driving a Tesla with an NRA emblem isn't a contradiction...............I respond with "not at all, just shows my level of intelligence" :)

I have a 2013 ModelS with no power lumbar,heated seats or memory.
So I purchased the Wet Okole Seat covers with the lumbar option and Heated seat option.
I also got the front seat Gun Tote.
In the picture is my Glock 17 in the right side carry pouch.
They come with two, stores lots of other stuff out of the way when not in use.
Cant see it from the door, and would really not know its there when sitting in car.
The gun tote is on both front seats.
ypoJ6rP.jpg

Since the glove box will not lock, I needed to a secure solution to keep my weapon out of small hands. I think finally got a solution. The GunVault MV500 fits nicely under the passenger seat and it has security cable you can wrap around the bottom bar of the seat. The size is 8.5" X 11" X 2". While it not extremely assessable it is secure and I can probably get at within 5-10 sec. Plus the smash and grab criminals will not have this thing easily.

Attachments

• IMG_7033.JPG
    IMG_7033.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 165
  • IMG_7034.JPG
    IMG_7034.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 162
  • IMG_7037.JPG
    IMG_7037.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 164
  • IMG_7036.JPG
    IMG_7036.JPG