Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firefox and Gateway Web Page

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm finding that Firefox is no longer correctly displaying the gateway page that shows power flows. The numbers are right, but the moving cirlces that show the power direction don't move. It works OK under Chrome.

Not sure whether it's a new version of Firefox that's the problem, or new version of the gateway. Anyone else seeing this?

I'm on Firefox 66.0.3. Gateway is 1.35.2.

Sylvia.

I'm seeing the same. It appears to be an issue with the SVG animation of the paths. For some reason, Firefox is not running the animation. I don't see any errors in the console. I'd guess it's either a Firefox bug or a change to the SVG API that Tesla isn't accommodating. I also have 1.35.2.

I'm seeing the same. It appears to be an issue with the SVG animation of the paths. For some reason, Firefox is not running the animation. I don't see any errors in the console. I'd guess it's either a Firefox bug or a change to the SVG API that Tesla isn't accommodating. I also have 1.35.2.

OK, thanks. I dare say complaining to Tesla about this would be pointless even by the usual standards.

I see the same issue with 1.35.2 and Firefox 66.0.4, but it works fine in Safari. So seems like it might be more of a Firefox issue to me if Chrome and Safari are OK. I can't say that the same FF was OK with the previous 1.34.2 because I hadn't accepted the "bad" https cert on FF and was only visiting the TEG's page on Safari until today.

I was seeing the same animation issue with Firefox on version 1.34.2 as well.

When logging into the gateway as an installer, the login page states: "WARNING: Only Chrome and Safari web browsers are currently supported." Although it appears that the compatibility warning only applies to the installer login capabilities, I suspect this is indicative of Tesla's current browser compatibility support focus in general for the gateway.

I managed to extract the relevant code from the web page (FWIW, attached below, rename to be an html file to run), and posted to the Firefox developer's page on Stack Overflow. I've only received two responses, and one of those has been deleted (I think it was wrong anyway). The other indicates that the code is using features not supported in Firefox, which is perhaps just another way of saying that it doesn't work. The allegedly unsupported feature, animateMotion, is included in the Firefox documentation.

The implication is that Tesla have changed the way this works, and that there's no reasonable hope that it will work again in Firefox anytime soon.

Attachments

• testSVG.txt
    972 bytes · Views: 39
  • Helpful
Reactions: PBBear
My Firefox was just updated to 68.0 and the power flow animations are now working for the local gateway web page UI.

Thanks @Sylvia Else for helping make this fix happen. This is an excellent example of multiple communities proactively working together to make things better for everyone instead of the all to common approach of just complaining and sitting back. Much appreciated!

Reactions: NuShrike