Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firefox not showing message entry box

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Firefox is not showing the message entry box. I've attached a screenshot.

I changed nothing about Firefox since last night.
I also tried emptying the cookies and cache, and same problem. (That logged me out so I also logged in anew.)

Chrome is working fine. But I don't trust Chrome, for obvious reasons.
Screen Shot 2017-02-17 at 7.01.23 AM.png

Reactions: JRP3 and kort677

I also tried emptying the cookies and cache, and same problem. (That logged me out so I also logged in anew.)

View attachment 215191

I'm having the same issue. I was only able to post this message by using "Reply", which quoted the above message but provided no place for me to type anything, then posting the message, then using the "Edit" function to write this text.

I'm having the same issue. I was only able to post this message by using "Reply", which quoted the above message but provided no place for me to type anything, then posting the message, then using the "Edit" function to write this text.

I"ll also mention that the nav bars and alert bell now disappears when I scroll down, and I get "unspecified error" if I try to use the "More Options" button to post.

View attachment 215191

I'm having the same problem using Chrome, except that it's only on some threads, not all.

For example, this thread:
Slipstreaming/Drafting
has the problem,

but this thread:
What kind of options/upgrades are you considering and why?
works as it should.

Oh, it's not just me. I thought it was one of my add-ons. Firefox 51.0.1 on Linux Mint. No reply box, can't log out, can't search. Basically the only thing I can do with Firefox is log in, and navigate.

I typed this reply with Seamonkey.

Same problem here. I'm running Firefox 47.0 on Linux Mint. No way for me to start a new thread - there's no place where I can enter a message and I get this error message when I try to post:

error-message.png

As a workaround, I was able to log in using my Android phone to start a new thread, and I can now log in with my computer to edit it.

Last edited:
this seems to be hit or miss, thread by thread, I have a lot of issues when on chrome, it seems to be less of a problem on firefox.
sometime over the weekend some settings must have been tweaked and these problems are an unintended consequence.