Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firestone FireHawk Indy 500 Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its time to replace my Michelin Pilot Super Sports (fitted to 20" TST wheels) and the folks at Tire Rack are strongly recommending the Indy 500 tires for our Louisiana driving climate. I would like to get more miles than offered by the Michelins, but I have no experience with these Firestone tires. So, the comments from any of you guys who have these Firehawks on their Tesla would be most appreciated. Thanks

Late post, but for others searching. Just had these installed on my 19's. Steering is extremely numb and much more input is needed. It could be the alignment they did, but so far not impressed. I guess you get what you pay for.

Dunno how much my 500 experience carries over from my 1/2 ton lighter LR M3, but I do like them especially for the price point (I am too cheap to buy the good stuff). I agree with the reviews by the tire rack professional testers. Also, they spun nicely on the balancing machine and ride smooth even though they took a little more weight than top quality Michelins or Contis.

Good luck !

I had them on an Audi RS5 and I thought they were great - for the money. They had nearly the same lateral grip as the Pilot Supersports that were on it before, although turn-in was a little less sharp and it did feel a little "disconnected" (although the Tesla already feels disconnected thanks to electric power steering so I'm not sure if it would be as noticeable on this car). They also were a a good bit more compliant / comfortable on rough roads.

I had these on my Mazdaspeed 3 and really liked them. They wear well and have good grip. I’d probably buy them again, if the price was right. Obviously a small hot hatch is much different than a model S, but that’s my 2 cents.