TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Firmware 1.21.0

Discussion in 'Tesla Energy' started by Shygar, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Shygar

Shygar Member

Just had this installed. I can't find any obvious difference yet but still looking into it. Some data is missing on my pvoutput but need to give it time to see if it catches up.

Edit: It was installed at 6pm PDT. I only lost the 5 minute window that it did during the install but the rest appears to be working.

2. Shygar

Shygar Member

Still haven't found any difference

3. cwied

cwied Member

Have you tried logging in to the web interface as a user to see if there are any new features there yet? I'm guessing they won't add them until later releases, but you never know...

4. Shygar

Shygar Member

I saw that customer login but I haven't tried it yet. I brought up the login page and it looked fine but haven't actually tried yet.

5. Tim_btt

Tim_btt Member

1.21 installed on my UK powerwall today too. Also can't see anything different yet .

6. Artimis

Artimis Member

I got the update today. So far, the only thing I can see different is they changed the parameters when calling /api/operation (for those of you using the API). "mode" is no longer the parameter to pass. They changed it to "real_mode" for both the POST and the response.

Haven't messed around in the Web interface yet to see any difference. Wondering if you can configure TOU through the Web interface now.

• Like x 1
  7. Shygar

Shygar Member

Not sure if this is just anecdotal or there is a real change here, but I'm not seeing those 0.1 or 0.2 grid draws when it should be using the batter + solar only. Seems like it's truly using battery and solar only now. I'll have to give it some time to see if that holds true.

8. arnolddeleon

arnolddeleon Supporting Member

The release notes for 1.21 say something interesting:

Added Customer login to Gateway to allow:
    • Local monitoring of power flow and charge level
    • Viewing system information
    • Updating network settings
    Software Updates | Tesla

This makes it clear that they intend to allow at least some local access to the Gateway.

• Informative x 2
  9. GenSao

GenSao Member

Looks like I got Storm Watch as part of 1.21.0... Screenshot_2018-08-06-17-54-30.png

• Informative x 1
  10. cwied

cwied Member

#10 cwied, Aug 6, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    Huh, interesting. I just checked and I have it too with firmware 1.20.0. It may be it was just an app and server-side update. There's no particular reason the Powerwall itself has to know it's in backup mode because of a storm, I guess.

• Informative x 1
  11. eml2

eml2 Member

I just checked mine and it also has Storm Watch too. It wasn't there yesterday.

My PW is running 1.20.0 and Tesla Android App is 3.4.3. I didn't update my Tesla app today so it must be server-side update.

12. nswfugitive

nswfugitive Member

Must be a USA thing, don't see it here in Australia.

13. AnthonyB

AnthonyB Member

"Storm Watch mode for selected regions”

.. From the V3.4.3 app release notes.

So far I've only seen people in the US report seeing this feature.
    Not clear whether it is dependent on a specific firmware version.

14. eml2

eml2 Member

My PW/Gateway was updated from 1.20 to 1.21 a few days ago. A few hours later, I have lost connectivity to Web UI. I called Tesla Support and was told that access to Web UI is now blocked. I asked them why 1.21 release note stated that it "added customer login to Gateway to allow local monitoring of power flow and charge level", when in fact, I am being blocked to locally monitoring my PW. They said they are developing a new tool for local monitoring, but in the meanwhile, blocking the "backdoor" access that people are using now. WTF??

I asked when the new tool will be available but they don't have ETA.

I am no longer able to log my PW data to PVOutput. Very unhappy.

15. zmansd

zmansd Member

eml2 - I can confirm a similar story. I'm still on 1.20.0; however, all else is the same. I've called them twice about this and I get the same story. I was told both times that they specifically shutoff my web server access. I asked how I'm supposed to change my SSID for my WiFi network. I was told that they are developing new tools to allow network configuration and some local web monitoring. Originally I was told 4 weeks. Last week they told me that they do not have a specific timeline from software development. I've had to revert my PVOutput to my original configuration pulling from my Enphase system.
    Meanwhile, I'm waiting for level 2 software support as I lost my ability to change the backup percentage in self-powered mode. It remains at 23% even though I've tried different values and I've been trying this for over 3 weeks, so waiting for the change to go into effect is not the issue.

16. UCIBtheG

UCIBtheG Member

Well, this doesn't bode well. I submitted the claim form for SGIP, and of course was selected today for the extra inspection and data requirements by my local power company. The data requirements are below, and I have no data that is as detailed or granular as they require. I just have what's displayed on my phone app, and didn't know there was any other way to pull detailed data. And now the access to the required data seems to have been shut off?

Has anyone else been selected to provide this type of information, and what did they do to supply the data?

1. One week’s worth of 15 minute interval operational data that includes kW and kWh (AC), State of Charge, Date and Time Stamps, and a unique identifier of the battery or AES system (e.g. serial number or MAC address).
    2. Continuous on-site discharge data measuring actual energy storage system output for the duration specified in the application form OR manufacturer’s discharge data from a unit of the same make and model as the one deployed in the field, for the duration specified in the application form. Please include in all 15 minute interval data provided the kW and kWh (AC), State of Charge, Date and Time Stamps, and a unique identifier of the battery or AES system (e.g. serial number or MAC address). The manufacturer report must include a description of the testing approach or methodology, and location of test.

17. Shygar

Shygar Member

I setup a Raspberry Pi to poll the data every 5 minutes and upload it here:

Shygar-A 7.500kW

It wouldn't have the unique identifier of the battery, but maybe it's somewhere in the JSON that is returned.

• Like x 1
  18. x20swan

x20swan Member

Same here! Had a call in for the issue on 1.20.0 and it started working again last week. The next day I got a call back saying they had "found the issue" and "fixed it". "Great" I thought. A few days later my Powerwall upgraded to 1.21.0 and a day after that the issue was back. So now I'm waiting yet again for a fix.

The Customize issue and the web interface issue (secure connection failed) are linked in that they fail and recover at the same time (three times now)

19. cwied

cwied Member

I don't know if it was firmware 1.21.0 or 1.20.0 (or maybe even a server-side change), but I find that app configuration changes are now taking effect exactly on the hour instead of 20 minutes after the hour. Has anyone else noticed this?

20. power.saver

power.saver Member

#20 power.saver, Aug 18, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    I still have changes taking place about 15 minutes after the hour. I wonder if it is specific to each user?

I'm on PW version 1.22.1