Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 1.22.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated around 11am PDT today. PV output still works. I see a Network and a Summary link on the UI page, but I haven't configured my customer login yet to test those links. Not sure if they were there before.

I was having an issue where it would periodically drop to zero reported solar production and reported it to Tesla on Monday. They confirmed my inverter isn't actually dropping anything, so I'm guessing it's something related with the Neurio. Not sure if this is related to that request or not.

Reactions: cr0ntab
I just got 1.22.1 this morning also, and had a similar problem with solar not showing for brief periods of time, which I called in to support on Monday. I can't believe they wrote a fix and rolled it out so fast though... there must be something more in it.

Reactions: Shygar
1.22.1 arrived this evening. Powerwall went in to standby and stayed there despite having charge and there being no PV contribution. Had to restart the GW to bring the PW back to life.
This has happened on the last four FW updates. I have been putting up with this issue as the release of the UK Backup Gateway is imminent and expecting T to put something towards the cost of the BUG as my current gateway is misbehaving but with FW updates coming this quickly having to trudge out to the Powerwall shed this regularly, it is becoming a little tedious.

After this firmware was installed, by powerwall stopped supplying power, despite being at 100%, allowing grid power draw instead. It's doing this even during peak time, when I'm charged almost 60 cents per kWh.

Tesla support's comment on this was that "sometimes settings get changed" which isn't exactly reassuring. They're looking into it.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
I received the 1.22.1 update today at noon and my unit went completely dark: no WiFi, no LTE and no TEG local network. I realized it went dark about an hour later and did a RESET on the gateway unit.

That got me back the TEG network and the LTE connection - so my iOS app came back with live data along with showing me it went to 1.22.1 - and I reset the WiFi connection which DHCP'd into a new address on my router. To date, however, I haven't been able to access that IP address to get webpage access to the portal.

Any ideas? iPhone and TEG local net access works but the WiFi address on the router, while existing and showable as an attached device, does not allow me to access from a webpage i.e. https://192.168.1.34 (current DHCP address).

It may be a race condition during startup. You could try another reset, or alternatively log in using the TEG network and turn off the Wi-fi network and turn it on again.

From the symptoms, there are a few different things that might be going wrong on the gateway. If it's firewall rules, reconfiguring the network may help. If it's the web server, resetting may help.

It may be a race condition during startup. You could try another reset, or alternatively log in using the TEG network and turn off the Wi-fi network and turn it on again.

From the symptoms, there are a few different things that might be going wrong on the gateway. If it's firewall rules, reconfiguring the network may help. If it's the web server, resetting may help.

Update: I reset my router about 4 hours ago and still no dice as to WiFi access through the 192.168.1.34 address. Then, I left the house and came back this evening and, lo and behold, the connection worked. It may have had a long gestation period where it connected to the WiFi address but all is good now with the 1.22.1 release.

Of course it promptly lost my password and I had to reset it through the TEG network but that was quick and easy to do. Interesting update.

I received the 1.22.1 update today at noon and my unit went completely dark: no WiFi, no LTE and no TEG local network. I realized it went dark about an hour later and did a RESET on the gateway unit.

That got me back the TEG network and the LTE connection - so my iOS app came back with live data along with showing me it went to 1.22.1 - and I reset the WiFi connection which DHCP'd into a new address on my router. To date, however, I haven't been able to access that IP address to get webpage access to the portal.

Any ideas? iPhone and TEG local net access works but the WiFi address on the router, while existing and showable as an attached device, does not allow me to access from a webpage i.e. https://192.168.1.34 (current DHCP address).

Follow up on 1.22.1 update from yesterday. I reset the gateway yesterday and got connectivity back. However, this morning it lost WiFi connectivity and when I went into the TEG local network, not even accessing the system at 192.168.91.1 worked - it simply didn't connect.

I RESET the system again and the TEG local network was accessible and it kicked in my LTE and WiFi connections automatically (I didn't need to go into 'Network' and reconnect the WiFi). I'm running now on WiFi, LTE and the TEG local network is accessible. I can use a PC web portal to access the Power Flow (and Network and Summary information). HOWEVER, I STILL have never been able to access that portal through the use of https://teg-xxx (xxx is last 3 alphanumeric of the serial number). That network name has never resolved itself. Only though access of the actual IP address can I get access (now https://192.168.1.34).

I'm hoping that this is the last of the issues with 1.22.1. RESETing this unit every day to maintain connection is NOT an option. Either I will request going back to 1.21.X or they will need to patch this release.

I didn't know about that teg hostname. Is that new?

Monitoring from your Home Network | Tesla

Specifically speaks to access through WiFi either on the TEG local network (this is old) AND through WiFi access to your personal router (this is new) with 1.21 onward.

However, the network name of TEG-xxx never works for me. However, I know the MAC address and thus can find the IP address allocated under my router just by jumping into the router webpage and looking up attached devices. I've now tried to lock in the IP address the gateway uses by assigning the current one to the LAN of my Netgear router (with MAC address and a name I choose).

Hopefully that will mean that if I need to RESET the gateway again, my saved bookmarks will still work as the router assigns the same IP address to the connection.

If you are able to get to the Power Flow screen using your TEG network name, let me know. If you are only able to connect through a webpage under your router through the requisite IP address, it was be useful to know also.

Monitoring from your Home Network | Tesla

Specifically speaks to access through WiFi either on the TEG local network (this is old) AND through WiFi access to your personal router (this is new) with 1.21 onward.

However, the network name of TEG-xxx never works for me. However, I know the MAC address and thus can find the IP address allocated under my router just by jumping into the router webpage and looking up attached devices. I've now tried to lock in the IP address the gateway uses by assigning the current one to the LAN of my Netgear router (with MAC address and a name I choose).

Hopefully that will mean that if I need to RESET the gateway again, my saved bookmarks will still work as the router assigns the same IP address to the connection.

If you are able to get to the Power Flow screen using your TEG network name, let me know. If you are only able to connect through a webpage under your router through the requisite IP address, it was be useful to know also.
I have to give that a try later. What's funny is on that page the Chrome screenshots show them accessing it through the local 192.168 IP address, and the Safari browser shows the teg-XXX hostname.

We got 1.22.1 yesterday after having 1.17.2 since installation. We still don't have PTO so they were powered off but I turned them back on to reconnect to them. I was able to log in via the IP address to try the customer login but there wasn't much to see there.

We're still waiting on TBC to be enabled too but since we can't officially turn on our solar yet, it doesn't really matter.

Under 1.22.1 I'm continuing to see the Powerwall not discharging to supply the house during peak time, and allowing grid draw instead. Yesterday, it did supply the house later in the evening, having misbehaved earlier. So it's clearly capable of doing it still. I can't see how this can be caused by anything other than the firmware.

I'd be interested to know if others are seeing this behaviour.

. HOWEVER, I STILL have never been able to access that portal through the use of https://teg-xxx (xxx is last 3 alphanumeric of the serial number). That network name has never resolved itself. Only though access of the actual IP address can I get access (now https://192.168.1.34).

To ensure there's no confusion on this point, I'll mention that https://teg-xxx is only going to work if you're connected via the TEG wifi access point, not if you're connected via your ordinary WIFI. This is because the teg-xxx name is resolved by the name server in the gateway, and that's only used if you're connected to the TEG access point.

Is anyone else tracking the powerwall's behaviour overnight on TOU?

Last night, mine charged itself to 100% on off-peak electricity, and then started discharing itself to supply loads, also during off-peak, which both costs money and wears the battery out.

Is anyone else tracking the powerwall's behaviour overnight on TOU?

Last night, mine charged itself to 100% on off-peak electricity, and then started discharing itself to supply loads, also during off-peak, which both costs money and wears the battery out.
I look at my Today and Yesterday charts at least once a day. In USA with solar, we never charge from the grid. On TBC - Balanced, the worst thing I see is the occasional charging and discharging during the Part-Peak period. Sometimes, like Friday evenings, it makes sense because the energy will be replaced with Off-Peak weekend solar generation. My system NEVER discharges during Off-Peak, as it should be.