Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 1.34.2 issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My PW2 was installed a couple of days ago and I have the same problem. The system is set to cost saving mode and peak time 2.00 PM to 8.00 PM and had set off peak to 5.00 am to 2.00 pm. However the PW2, was not discharging till 8.00 PM and started after 8.00 Pm !! Called Tesla support and first they tell me that it takes a week for the PW2 to understand usage patterns. Then the next call they tell.me to give it a couple of hours for the sertings to take effect. This is just ridiculous. I am an electronics engineer and I seriously doubt if Tesla engineering designed something to react to a set of commands after 2 hours. Right now, all solar energy generated at 48 cents and hour is being discharged at 13 cents an hour...

My PW2 was installed a couple of days ago and I have the same problem. The system is set to cost saving mode and peak time 2.00 PM to 8.00 PM and had set off peak to 5.00 am to 2.00 pm. However the PW2, was not discharging till 8.00 PM and started after 8.00 Pm !! Called Tesla support and first they tell me that it takes a week for the PW2 to understand usage patterns. Then the next call they tell.me to give it a couple of hours for the sertings to take effect. This is just ridiculous. I am an electronics engineer and I seriously doubt if Tesla engineering designed something to react to a set of commands after 2 hours. Right now, all solar energy generated at 48 cents and hour is being discharged at 13 cents an hour...
I think it really only takes "up to an hour" but they want you to give it sufficient time before calling back in. It has been reported that if you access the gateway directly instead of via the app, you can make the changes right away.

Hello all
Mine started bugging a few days ago. I'm using TBC Cost Saving mode with a peak schedule from 7:30pm-7:00am (week and weekends) with no off-peak schedule. Everything wss working great. The batteries were discharging till they achieve my reserve setting of 40% and then after that I was using power from the grid to feed my house for about an hour or so. As the Sun was rising the solar panels were recharging the batteries and eventually fed the house too. By 11:00am my batteries were fully charged and my system was running the house. But that was then!
Now, after the batteries get discharged they are getting recharged from the grid instead of the solar panels.