TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Firmware 1.37.1-Neurio-1.4.6

Discussion in 'Tesla Energy' started by bkp_duke, Jul 9, 2019.

1. bkp_duke

bkp_duke Active Member

Woke up this AM to an upgrade on the system. Was on 1.37.1 yesterday, today version is listed as 1.37.1-Neurio-1.4.6.

Anyone know what the "Neurio" description might be about? I don't see any obvious changes in the app, the back-end website, or functionality.

Is this to enable the "deep data dive" for solar production that was mentioned in a twitter post a few weeks ago?

2. woferry

woferry Member

No idea what it's about, but mine updated to the same thing 4:45am this morning. I kinda doubt it personally, seems like the Neurio was already providing everything it needed to, so I wouldn't think they'd need to update its FW to get any more data sent to Tesla (especially if they didn't change the Gateway FW itself), if there is even any more data to be sent (I suspect the changes are largely at Tesla's backend/app to retain and display the historical data).

3. cwied

cwied Member

I suspect this is just how they label the release when they want to update the firmware for the Neurio monitor in the gateway box to the latest version. They shouldn't need any new Neurio functionality for the data access features that were talked about, so my guess it is just bug fixes that they're interested in.

4. BJReplay

BJReplay Member

Fix connectivity issues and enable 800A CTs. What's interesting about this is that the Neurio must be connected to the Gateway over WiFi to receive the firmware update. My Neurio was connected using a RS-485 harness, because the gateway could not see the Neurios, so I couldn't get configured during the initial install. Unless I could get it working over WiFi, it can't get the firmware update. No matter, the wired connection is, unsurprisingly, rock solid, and I have no need for 800A CTs.

• Like x 1
  5. liplus

liplus New Member

My Gateway upgraded to 1.37.1-Neurio-1.4.6 a few days ago. All usage reporting is broken, gateway appears non-functional. I can still log on to the gateway and turn off/on the powerwall but that's it. My gateway is wired and has never had a WiFi connection.

6. NuShrike

NuShrike Member

My actual (non-Tesla) Neurio is still 1.4.1, so the delta to .6 must be the 800A CTs and whatever other improvements for Tesla.

7. NuShrike

NuShrike Member

Software Updates | Tesla