Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 1.37.1-Neurio-1.4.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bkp_duke

May 15, 2016
San Diego, CA
Woke up this AM to an upgrade on the system. Was on 1.37.1 yesterday, today version is listed as 1.37.1-Neurio-1.4.6.

Anyone know what the "Neurio" description might be about? I don't see any obvious changes in the app, the back-end website, or functionality.

Is this to enable the "deep data dive" for solar production that was mentioned in a twitter post a few weeks ago?

No idea what it's about, but mine updated to the same thing 4:45am this morning. I kinda doubt it personally, seems like the Neurio was already providing everything it needed to, so I wouldn't think they'd need to update its FW to get any more data sent to Tesla (especially if they didn't change the Gateway FW itself), if there is even any more data to be sent (I suspect the changes are largely at Tesla's backend/app to retain and display the historical data).

I suspect this is just how they label the release when they want to update the firmware for the Neurio monitor in the gateway box to the latest version. They shouldn't need any new Neurio functionality for the data access features that were talked about, so my guess it is just bug fixes that they're interested in.

Fix connectivity issues and enable 800A CTs. What's interesting about this is that the Neurio must be connected to the Gateway over WiFi to receive the firmware update. My Neurio was connected using a RS-485 harness, because the gateway could not see the Neurios, so I couldn't get configured during the initial install. Unless I could get it working over WiFi, it can't get the firmware update. No matter, the wired connection is, unsurprisingly, rock solid, and I have no need for 800A CTs.

Reactions: miimura
My Gateway upgraded to 1.37.1-Neurio-1.4.6 a few days ago. All usage reporting is broken, gateway appears non-functional. I can still log on to the gateway and turn off/on the powerwall but that's it. My gateway is wired and has never had a WiFi connection.