Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2.50.xxx upgrade note

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car upgraded to firmware version 2.50.180 last night, (OK, it didn't do it all by itself, I did kick it off). couple of interesting things about the update though. (probably these are already known).

• The upgrade also included the 2.48.xx features (auto-on headlights, speed limit sensing, side collision warnings). and a feature I didn't see in earlier posts (you can lock/unlock the car from an icon on the top of the screen now instead of putting it in park or going into settings.)
  • These were not mentioned in the release notes though, though according to other posts there were release notes for these. (This is a little annoying, I wish that I could at least look at the list of all the release notes in the car info screen instead of just the latest ones... or better, it should be smart enough to combine them if pushing two releases or one combined release. (is this the norm for these kinds of things, or was this a one-off?)
  • Before this release, since I didn't have auto-on headlights, I left them on all the time. They did go off when the car went off, so worst case, I was driving around with them on during the day. better than forgetting them during the night. So, when I upgraded and came out a few hours later, the lights were on even though the car was off. Since after the upgrade, lights "on" meant turn them on even if the car is off, this was correct behavior, and since I have the LED lights, it was not a huge power draw, but I wonder if it would have been more of a problem if I had HID bulbs or something that used more energy.

The parking thing has been there for a while.

Parking thing? the lock/unlock button you mean? if so, from what I heard it was on other cars for a while, but it was definitively not on my car since I got it a few weeks ago (on v2.46.30) I was grumbling about the lack of such a button to another owner and he said something like "sure, that's right here... somewhere..." and he couldn't find it either.

Parking thing? the lock/unlock button you mean? if so, from what I heard it was on other cars for a while, but it was definitively not on my car since I got it a few weeks ago (on v2.46.30) I was grumbling about the lack of such a button to another owner and he said something like "sure, that's right here... somewhere..." and he couldn't find it either.

The Lock on the top of the screen was there on AP1 cars. Since they delivered AP2 cars without any auto lights, they put the lights on/off there. Once this update added AUTO mode, they put back the lock icon as it was in AP1 cars

Reactions: BBB4000