TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Firmware 2017.32 9ea02cb

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by joseg, Aug 17, 2017.

1. joseg

joseg Member

Service just updated my firmware and the app shows 2017.32 9ea02cb. I didn't see this on the forums yet and wondered if anyone has any experience with it. Of course I haven't seen the release notes since I don't have the car back yet. Didn't see it on ev-FW.com either. Will post notes once I get back to the States on Sunday, unless someone figures it out before then.

2. milyrouge

milyrouge Member

I just got it, too. The only thing in the release notes is the Automatic High Beam, which we didn't have in Europe until this update. Aside from that, Autopilot seems to be a little more solid, a bit more reassured, and auto lane change is a touch smoother still, so happy to have it for my commute!

No big stuff, though: Still 8.1, still no big UI/browser update, still no auto wipers, still only one lane monitored in Autopilot (which is a pain since we aren't allowed to overtake on the right in Europe).

3. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

Interesting — well I guess that settles whether or not they’re staying with the new versioning scheme :)

Curious if the USA release notes say more. Glad to see auto high beams arrive in Europe though!

4. BigD0g

BigD0g Member

5. joseg

joseg Member

I should clarify this is for an AP2 car.

• Informative x 1
  6. scottycs

scottycs Member

I have the same on my classic

7. JasJ

JasJ Member

My auto headlights now are non-auto and just always on in the full Texas sun after the FW update in the SC this AM (MS AP2). They worked automatically before this update.

8. mkellock

mkellock Member

Just received this update this morning on MS AP1.

9. Pakipilot

Pakipilot New Member

Same thing for my S85 I am not sre what changed I did notice that Autopilot letting me be 5 miles over speed limit at 35 or 45

10. BeamMeUp

BeamMeUp Member

Is this for AP1 or for AP2? I also have an European car AP1 and have had Auto High Beam since I purchased the car, Jan 2017. Same for auto wipers and Max speed override you can set in the car's settings how much you allow. AP1 also takes into consideration the right-hand side overtake restriction in Europe. A small push at the pedal also overrides this. This last update release notes don't mention anything else than "small patches and bug fixes". Same as previous 2 updates.

11. LastGas

LastGas Member

You might want to check your settings. Sometimes they get changed after an update.

12. JasJ

JasJ Member

Unless there is a sensitivity setting somewhere, there are no options. Auto lights - yes, Auto high beams - yes. Stalk forward - yes.

Already did a reboot to fix the lights never turning off after the firmware update (which did fix that problem).

13. milyrouge

milyrouge Member

I have an AP2 car. It seems that those functions are unchanged for AP1 cars. We're still waiting for feature parity, but it's encouraging that outta slowly improving.

14. scottycs

scottycs Member

just got another update. 2017.32.6 ca28277

15. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

I've been holding off on updating my P85D, and finally did it tonight, and I got this version (2017.32 9ea02cb), even though there are two widespread newer versions out there. I wonder why my car was held back? It seems anyone who got this version got it the 2nd or 3rd week of August, and not many after that.

16. cynix

cynix Member

Maybe the car won't download a new version if there's currently an update pending?