Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.24 baf6ebc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to the new Tesla iPhone app issued 6/20/18, version 2018.24 will be released which will allow the app to remotely restrict the speed of the car. Don’t see any firmware installs yet.

Once someone receives it, please post your release notes and any additional findings (especially related to AP nags!) here!

Attachments

• 007C27A0-679B-46B8-AECC-D8C5A1CFDC66.png
    007C27A0-679B-46B8-AECC-D8C5A1CFDC66.png
    495.9 KB · Views: 348
My car is at the SC with 21.9 and just got notification of an update. Will let everyone know what's new when I pickup car tomorrow morning.
Betcha you are getting 2018.21.9, that is, nothing. Current practice is to trigger a new load for all service visits. If it’s the same version, you get a notification (woo hoo!) and nothing happens (wah!).

There have been no sightings of 2018.24 or anything else newer. About a 1% chance you have a new release since normally we get sightings from across the pond.

Betcha you are getting 2018.21.9, that is, nothing. Current practice is to trigger a new load for all service visits. If it’s the same version, you get a notification (woo hoo!) and nothing happens (wah!).

There have been no sightings of 2018.24 or anything else newer. About a 1% chance you have a new release since normally we get sightings from across the pond.

Poop. Oh well.

• Funny
Reactions: MelaniainLA
With all the constraints like Tesla enabling per vehicle, WiFi status, etc, I really think Tesla should allow for the option for “advanced” users to update the cars via a USB key. They can distribute the update globally for all eligible cars and if someone chooses to update via USB let it be their own choice. This way they can also have people choose their upgrade path ( like Microsoft fast track) for owners that always wants new updates as fast as possible (me and most on here) and others that choose to be one version behind and let others experience updates first.

With all the constraints like Tesla enabling per vehicle, WiFi status, etc, I really think Tesla should allow for the option for “advanced” users to update the cars via a USB key. They can distribute the update globally for all eligible cars and if someone chooses to update via USB let it be their own choice. This way they can also have people choose their upgrade path ( like Microsoft fast track) for owners that always wants new updates as fast as possible (me and most on here) and others that choose to be one version behind and let others experience updates first.
"advanced" users can do it right, without USB even :)

According to the new Tesla iPhone app issued 6/20/18, version 2018.24 will be released which will allow the app to remotely restrict the speed of the car. Don’t see any firmware installs yet.

Once someone receives it, please post your release notes and any additional findings (especially related to AP nags!) here!
2018.24 downloaded and installed, will check out tomorrow on way to work. MX AP1 late 2016, surprisingly got 21.9 now 24