Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2019.12.1.2 - Auto Pilot and Auto Steering Unavailable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought it may have just been a quick glitch, but even after rebooting, seems like I can't get Auto anything to come up...... Also, cameras don't seem to be active either as i'm not getting any road or car detection on the screen... Any thoughts?

I am on 8.5 and lost autopilot, autosteer and traffic aware cruise control last week. I contacted Tesla twice and they have no explanation as to what happened other than it being a "glitch". They also don't know when I will get autopilot back on the car.

Not sure if this will help but it solved the problem when it happened to me. Put the car in park and disable Autosteer and TAAC. Drive for a a mile or so (this may not be necessary - just sharing my exact steps) and then put it back in park. Re-enable Autosteer and TAAC. Everything worked for me after that.

• Informative
Reactions: T3SL4AFBruh
Not sure if this will help but it solved the problem when it happened to me. Put the car in park and disable Autosteer and TAAC. Drive for a a mile or so (this may not be necessary - just sharing my exact steps) and then put it back in park. Re-enable Autosteer and TAAC. Everything worked for me after that.
I'll try this right after work and report back. Thanks!

Reactions: turnem
Nada :( It's extra broken. Scheduled service for Tuesday, so will see if they come back with any informative troubleshooting. Stay tuned.

Almost a week, still nothing. Got a call from Tesla that it got escalated to a site engineer, and they would try to fix remotely, but in the process, my Trial version of FSD is no longer available in the AutoPilot menu when I had 36 days left...

Hoping I can get a discounted or free AutoPilot upgrade for this lol.

A Tesla tech just called me, as well. Said he could see no issues from remote diagnostics, and that it was likely just a fluke. Unfortunately, he had no ability to push firmware updates (or even knowledge about what firmware versions were out there) -- just said I'd have to wait until my number came up.
"Knowledge about what firmware version were out there" is a little concerning...

Will update if the tech contacts me as well.