TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Firmware 2019.12.1.2 - Auto Pilot and Auto Steering Unavailable

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by T3SL4AFBruh, May 7, 2019.

1. T3SL4AFBruh

T3SL4AFBruh Member

Thought it may have just been a quick glitch, but even after rebooting, seems like I can't get Auto anything to come up...... Also, cameras don't seem to be active either as i'm not getting any road or car detection on the screen... Any thoughts?

2. annetoneyo

annetoneyo Member

I am on 8.5 and lost autopilot, autosteer and traffic aware cruise control last week. I contacted Tesla twice and they have no explanation as to what happened other than it being a "glitch". They also don't know when I will get autopilot back on the car.

3. hcdavis3

hcdavis3 HCD3

Try a full shutdown from the menu. I was having problems with Auto Pilot. I’m not sure where it is, maybe service.

4. Vines

Vines Member

I had this exact issue and a full reset did not solve it.

Service said it was the AP computer failing a communication self test and so disallowing AP to be engaged. Next day it was fine. This was on .8.5

• Informative x 1
  5. Lostb0y

Lostb0y Member

I have the same problem today. Also with auto headlights on even in a nice sunny day. I’m hoping it will correct itself at some point.

6. T3SL4AFBruh

T3SL4AFBruh Member

Tried last night, still nothing this morning. Think i'm going to schedule a call with Tesla.

7. T3SL4AFBruh

T3SL4AFBruh Member

Geez, no troubleshooting on their part either?

8. HelloJohnny

HelloJohnny Member

I had this exact issue yesterday driving home from work.

A two wheel button reboot fixed the issue. I hope everyone can have their AP issue fixed soon.

9. marusan

marusan Member

Count me among the afflicted. I contacted Tesla, and they said there is no fix for it yet, and that rebooting would only temporarily fix it.

• Informative x 1
  10. turnem

turnem Member

Not sure if this will help but it solved the problem when it happened to me. Put the car in park and disable Autosteer and TAAC. Drive for a a mile or so (this may not be necessary - just sharing my exact steps) and then put it back in park. Re-enable Autosteer and TAAC. Everything worked for me after that.

• Informative x 1
  11. T3SL4AFBruh

T3SL4AFBruh Member

I'll try this right after work and report back. Thanks!

• Like x 1
  12. T3SL4AFBruh

T3SL4AFBruh Member

Nada :( It's extra broken. Scheduled service for Tuesday, so will see if they come back with any informative troubleshooting. Stay tuned.

13. turnem

turnem Member

Bummer!

14. marusan

marusan Member

Mine came back this morning. I'm keeping my service appointment, though -- it was out of commission for two days.

15. T3SL4AFBruh

T3SL4AFBruh Member

Almost a week, still nothing. Got a call from Tesla that it got escalated to a site engineer, and they would try to fix remotely, but in the process, my Trial version of FSD is no longer available in the AutoPilot menu when I had 36 days left...

Hoping I can get a discounted or free AutoPilot upgrade for this lol.

16. marusan

marusan Member

A Tesla tech just called me, as well. Said he could see no issues from remote diagnostics, and that it was likely just a fluke. Unfortunately, he had no ability to push firmware updates (or even knowledge about what firmware versions were out there) -- just said I'd have to wait until my number came up.

• Informative x 1
    • Love x 1
  17. T3SL4AFBruh

T3SL4AFBruh Member

"Knowledge about what firmware version were out there" is a little concerning...

Will update if the tech contacts me as well.

18. Kilotango74

Kilotango74 Member

19. nealsbg

nealsbg New Member

Happened to me yesterday. Fixed by letting it sleep overnight- no amount of reboots/power off helped. Tech support says it is a 12.1.2 issue with HW3 with a firmware fix coming later this week.

20. MacGreiner

Got this today. Fixed itself after two miles on the freeway without any intervention.