Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2019.12.1.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
12.1.1 was a total mess! I just received 12.1.2 and hopefully the bugs are fixed.
I had this screen last night with double speedo and random lights. When I put the car in reverse the audio would turn up loud even though the volume was off. If the volume was up when I hit reverse, it would reduce and not return. The spotify would crash constantly and the reverse camera was often blank.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190503-223743_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190503-223743_Gallery.jpg
    661.5 KB · Views: 146
I hadn't seen the update notes posted around here yet - were there any?
Was thinking it might have been the Lane Departure Avoidance & Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance
Tesla releases new active safety features powered by Autopilot

LDA and ELDA are not in 12.1.2. No mention of the features in the release notes or in the "control" settings. So LDA and ELDA will probably show very soon in the next update. Since Tesla says that they are rolling out starting today, I am thinking we can expect another 2019,x update to quickly follow 12.1.2

• Informative
Reactions: VQTRVA
Just got updated to 2019.12.1.2, confirmed I don't have the "Lane Departure Avoidance and Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance " features. (M3 SR+)

The last one bugs me, on till turned off? It might be one thing if my car didn't think cars to the side were in front of it nor where there dancing cars all around while stopped... risking the wrath of the internet, Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance is too big brother for me.. let it default to on the first time and then, by profile, be disabled and have that stick..

• Disagree
Reactions: cwmagui and Eno Deb
The last one bugs me, on till turned off? It might be one thing if my car didn't think cars to the side were in front of it nor where there dancing cars all around while stopped... risking the wrath of the internet, Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance is too big brother for me.. let it default to on the first time and then, by profile, be disabled and have that stick..

Here is again what it does:

"Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance is designed to steer a Tesla vehicle back into the driving lane if our system detects that it is departing its lane and there could be a collision, or if the car is close to the edge of the road. "

How is it Big Brother? It is not going to do something you don't want. It is merely going to steer your car back in the lane when it detects that you are crossing into incoming traffic, to save you from a head on collision, or veering off the road. That's a good thing and it should be on by default.

That's a good thing and it should be on by default.

This is where we differ in opinions; sure have it on to start but if I elect to turn it off, it should stick.

Someday when I can trust my car to actually drive from point A to B then features like that will be fine; as of now, sad to say, it drives like a nervous teenager and often makes the wrong move and is sometimes alarming to passengers and even .. dare I say .. dangerous..

This is where we differ in opinions; sure have it on to start but if I elect to turn it off, it should stick.

Someday when I can trust my car to actually drive from point A to B then features like that will be fine; as of now, sad to say, it drives like a nervous teenager and often makes the wrong move and is sometimes alarming to passengers and even .. dare I say .. dangerous..

But LDA and ELDA are safety features that only work when autopilot is off. So you are still completely driving. The safety features will just nudge you back in your lane if you are start to drift outside the lane. These are not autopilot features that drive the car for you.

Reactions: Big Earl
... often makes the wrong move and is sometimes alarming to passengers and even .. dare I say .. dangerous..

So far the biggest issue I've had is phantom braking. Driving down the road on cruise and suddenly it throws on the brakes but there is nothing there.

Doesn't happen too often and I never thought it was dangerous. Just annoying.

Reactions: cwmagui and VQTRVA
So far the biggest issue I've had is phantom braking. Driving down the road on cruise and suddenly it throws on the brakes but there is nothing there.

I get that alot on certain parts of roads. on the I-90 in Bellevue, WA, just near the 148th St overpass, anytime I'm carpooling with someone, it will slow down immediately right after the overpass... even when no one is in there, and I'm not even talking about it trying to send us up the left-side exit onto 148th when I'm trying to go straight... autopilot does weird things... guess I'll test it again when I drive to work next time

"Big Brother"... you're driving the largest one of the largest, expensive IoT devices in the world, with it beaming data all the data about your location and driving habits (whether or not you opt-out of the sharing video snippets with Tesla) and you're worried about 'Lane Departure warnings'

I am worried about the car deciding it knows best with no way for me to turn it off (for good) - and right now it sure does not drive better than I do or even many people you wouldn't think are the best drivers as it's still learning..

I fully know how much data my car, my phone, etc is sending around.

I kind of wish they would just show the actual cars instead of a representation or not show anything. It is likely why they didn't allow folks to video the FSD drive because they didn't want others to see the dev view that shows actual camera output, then start asking Tesla to provide that as a view in the car.

I am worried about the car deciding it knows best with no way for me to turn it off (for good)

Sounds like you are a little paranoid. The car is not sentient or full self-driving. It is not going to suddenly decide to take you to McDonald's against your will. LOL. Again, Lane Departure Avoidance just warns you or nudges you when you are going to drift outside your lane, that's it, it's not controlling your car to take you somewhere you don't want to go.

Driving down the road on cruise and suddenly it throws on the brakes but there is nothing there.

I was driving from San Jose to La and the car pulled one of those emergency braking fits, quick and hard - the car behind me came way-too-close for my liking, so much so that, heart racing ,I called service to report the behavior hoping some log someplace would illuminate the reason why.

At some point I fully believe AP and FSD will work for me and I keep trying in different conditions but as of yet, and probably because of where I drive, I do not find it more relaxing than driving myself..

Everyone has their opinions, not trying to convince anyone they are wrong. I just believe for a car I paid for, the choice should be mine.