Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2019.12.1.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed after installing 12.1.1 and later 12.1.2, the car makes a noise in my garage hours after being parked. The noise sounds like the air intake noise one hears when the interior fan is on 4+. I checked and cabin overheat is on but cabin was in the 70's. It eventually stopped and came on again, then stopped.

car was plugged in. not charging.

I noticed the same thing. I didn’t notice that much fan noise before 12.1.1.

I noticed after installing 12.1.1 and later 12.1.2, the car makes a noise in my garage hours after being parked. The noise sounds like the air intake noise one hears when the interior fan is on 4+. I checked and cabin overheat is on but cabin was in the 70's. It eventually stopped and came on again, then stopped.

No such luck in my case. I was backing into a parking space today at work and the camera came up black. Didn't realize how much I've relied on the system until I was straining my neck trying to look out the back window and right side rear mirror.

Seems fixed to me and I have had 12.1 for over a week. And btw, if it does come up black just x it out and pull up camera manually.

Issues I encountered in the new web browser so far:

x) Keyboard shift/caps key is wonky, sometimes doesn't work at all (always types lowercase), sometimes it seems to do the opposite of what you'd expect

x) HTTP basic auth password prompts don't work. Wanted to try if I can access my custom kibana dashboard but all I get is the unauthorized page, without any popup asking for credentials. This used to work in the old browser (though Kibana did not :) )

In an effort to get this thread back on track of talking about 12.1.2 instead of arguing over features that haven't been released yet...

I've already had an issue with this release.

I, too, got 12.1.2 last night. This morning, on my first drive, I got a "Cruise Unavailable" warning and thereafter neither TACC nor AP were available. The only time I've EVER had that before was when the front bumper was covered with snow and ice (a situation that Tesla apparently doesn't care enough to fix, other than some cryptic "put some hydrophobic coating somewhere on the car" tweets from Elon).

The conditions this morning were 60 degrees and a very light rain / mist. I cannot imagine how that would have caused an issue with the TACC.

Anyone else had this today?

It was foggy today and I got an error about the blind spot camera not being available, which tends to happen when the weather is less than ideal. When I got the message my TACC kicked out, which caused a sudden slow down and loss of fog penetrating RADAR. I hope they get they get this fixed because it was really annoying as it happened a few times on my drive and the weather was not even that bad.

Along with that issue I had my car attempt to take a different lane where the highway splits for a turning lane. In the 6 months of ownership it has never taken that lane before and I had to take over. However things were a little different today, there was the light fog at this section and I had my fog lights on. So hopefully those were the cause of the issue, and not a new bug.

Last edited:

I've noticed the same thing. At first I thought it was the cabin overheat protection feature, but the cabin temperature was nowhere near 105 deg.

I get that alot on certain parts of roads. on the I-90 in Bellevue, WA, just near the 148th St overpass, anytime I'm carpooling with someone, it will slow down immediately right after the overpass... even when no one is in there, and I'm not even talking about it trying to send us up the left-side exit onto 148th when I'm trying to go straight... autopilot does weird things... guess I'll test it again when I drive to work next time

I noticed this a few times and always around dusk. I was told it is because it detects a large metal object. My guess is that its using more weighting of the radar rather than cameras at that time of day. It seems to coincide with bridges (on or under).

I have put about 100 miles in on 12.1.2.....

And NOA is terrible compared to my last version...

I just went for an hour drive on 12.1.1.2 and I'm having really bad lane change issues. I've seen these before on occasion but they were happening about 50% of the time today and happening even when there's no cars around me, so it made NOA essentially useless.

1. The car initiates a lane change, after it's about 1/8th of the way into the lane it swings back.
2. The car just sits there bouncing off the lane line.

There are no cars actually in the other lane for most of these issues and the odd thing is that the screen display also shows all clear. There's no red line or red car showing to indicate it thinks something is there.

Are others seeing this in 12.1.1.2?

• Informative
Reactions: Gabbleratchet7
I just went for an hour drive on 12.1.1.2 and I'm having really bad lane change issues. I've seen these before on occasion but they were happening about 50% of the time today and happening even when there's no cars around me, so it made NOA essentially useless.

1. The car initiates a lane change, after it's about 1/8th of the way into the lane it swings back.

There are no cars actually in the other lane for most of these issues and the odd thing is that the screen display also shows all clear. There's no red line or red car showing to indicate it thinks something is there.

Yep, tested out yesterday for about 500 miles and experienced what you did. Turn signal active for quite a bit and just wouldn’t make it over. However, worked perfectly about 75% of time. Couldn’t figure out a pattern.

The two times I went to get into the car today post-2019.12.1.2, the car didn’t wake up on the first door handle pull and I had to do it a second time before it’d unlock.
It’s probably asleep. It takes a while to wake up. Just open the Tesla app and it will start to wake up.

It’s probably asleep. It takes a while to wake up. Just open the Tesla app and it will start to wake up.
Sure, but in over four months of having the Model 3, this is the first it’s done this. I shouldn't have to open the Tesla app to get into the car.

On a third trip today, I realized it wasn't a “having to do it twice” thing. I repeatedly pulled the driver’s handle to no effect. I had to pop the rear passenger door to wake it up (and this was after having opened and closed the trunk).

Yes, I had the same thing several times on multi-lane highway today. The first time I thought it was because of traffic coming up from behind in the target lane. But subsequent attempts had more space. Almost as though the car was reacting to cars ahead or behind that are too far away to worry about.