Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2019.12.1.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah definitely not in 12.1.2

Are you sure? The blog post said yesterday "That’s why we’re introducing these features beginning today via a free over-the-air software update, starting with Model 3 owners and gradually expanding to all cars that were built after October 2016. "

Right now 12.1.1 is still going to Model X and S and 12.1.2 is going out to Model 3's just like the blog post said.

Are you sure? The blog post said yesterday "That’s why we’re introducing these features beginning today via a free over-the-air software update, starting with Model 3 owners and gradually expanding to all cars that were built after October 2016. "

Right now 12.1.1 is still going to Model X and S and 12.1.2 is going out to Model 3's just like the blog post said.

About 99% sure it isn’t in this latest update. I looked through my car menus after installing 2019.12.1.2 and didn’t see anything about enabling or disabling Lane Departure Avoidance which according to Tesla’s blog post should be a feature that can be turned on or off. It’s not the first time Tesla jumped the gun with announcing a new feature before it starts rolling out to the public (non-Early Access Program) fleet.

So what is this update about then? Bug fixes? I got it last night but the release notes haven't changed from 12.1.1

Most likely yes. Could have been a fix for a single bug but one that was significant enough to cause Tesla to release back to back updates just 2 days apart. I don’t think I’ve seen that happen before in my slightly over a year with my Model 3. The version number alone indicates that it’s just a bug fix. They normally don’t release yyyy.ww.x.z updates. The format they use is year.week.version, so 2019.12 is based off code from the 12th week of 2019. The .1 in 2019.12.1 indicates that is the first iteration from the base 2019.12 version. Add another decimal to it, in this case 2019.12.1.1 or 2019.12.1.2, shows that it’s a minor tweak/fix to 2019.12.1. If they added any new features they would have released it with a version number like 2019.12.2 or higher.

I just received Version 2019.12.1.2 5c87371 last evening before heading over to a local SuperCharger to charge up. I thought I'd put the SuperCharger into the Navigate screen as a destination since battery conditioning was listed as a new software feature. I immediately noticed an audible "whine" from what sounded like the front motor (I have a dual motor Performance model). It wasn't loud at all - just a faint whine but a different noise from the car that I have gotten to know pretty well over the past 16,000 miles. I turned off the navigation to the SuperCharger destination, and the whine stopped. In order to make sure there was a correlation, I turned on navigation to the SuperCharger location and off again several times, and the whine correlated precisely with those actions. Outside temperature was 59 degrees. Anyone else notice this? I assume the car was doing something to "warm" the batteries prior to arriving at the SuperCharger location. Any other thoughts?