Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2019.12.1.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had never used auto lane change before, and I changed the setting this morning to try it out.

Not sure I want to waste a day+ without the car for the mirror issue, but I will add it to the list when I have to go to the service center for something. There is no option in my area for Ranger support which is very annoying since the closest service center is a hassle to get to.

I noticed 12.1.2 turned confirmation required for lane change back to yes instead of no, have you looked at your settings to make sure it is set how you want it to be? You can try to restart your vehicle to see if that improves things for you. I havne't noticed my mirrors not dimming. If that stuff persists after a reset you should put a service request in via the app so they can pull logs and check to see what is up.

I had never used auto lane change before, and I changed the setting this morning to try it out.

Not sure I want to waste a day+ without the car for the mirror issue, but I will add it to the list when I have to go to the service center for something. There is no option in my area for Ranger support which is very annoying since the closest service center is a hassle to get to.
Ah, I find ALC to be very timid, which isn't helpful in heavy traffic. Not having Mobile Service really stinks, wonder why they don't have it where you are.

In my experience the car will not open with my phone in my back pocket - only with it in the front pocket. It’s definitely annoying and I wish there was a setting to choose the proximity for detecting when to unlock the car.

This happens to be a phone issue.... I experience this allot also.

I have to swing my hip towards the car to get it to unlock...

But.... I also have this issue when listening to bluetooth headsets... Works great in the front pocket, but if I switch the phone to the back pocket, it cuts in and out...

I have this issue with allot of phones for years...

yea, Tesla isn't ready for full auto-drive... I find the 'severe braking with no one in my lane" extremely annoying and my wife hates when I use autopilot, even with my hands on the wheel. All it takes is one jerky stop, and she's pissed, so I only use it when she's not in the car.
Same problem for me. It's not the erratic and unpredictable auto drive behaviour that's so annoying. It's the guaranteed excoriation I'll get from my husband whenever it happens.

• Disagree
Reactions: OCR1 and pilotSteve
When I was driving yesterday I got a message that Navigate on Autopilot was unavailable and may be available again on my next drive. Two button reboot didn't fix it. Regular autopilot was working however. It was raining during my drive but this wasn't a result of poor camera vision from the rain since that displays an entirely different message. On my drive home afterwards Navigate on Autopilot was working again although I did have a few "temporarily unavailable" events due to the rainy conditions I was driving through. Not sure why it encountered a problem on the first leg of my drive yesterday. First time I've seen this particular issue. on 2019.12.1.2 or any other version.

I get phantom braking when I approach an overpass that casts a shadow on the highway...dangerous and surprised that no one has com close to rear ending me! I also get collision warnings on the same curved roads with parked cars on the sides. How do I report these to Tesla?

My autopilot and cruise were disabled this morning. No lanes or cars visualized on my screen. Tried a reboot while driving without resolution. The only thing I can think is my sensor cameras were disabled due to condensation from last nights rain?

I did a hard restart when I parked at work. We shall see if things return for this evenings drive home. Grrr

Ditto, except for no condensation issues here in arid Utah! As for the Grrr, I think you'll find that these things just come and go. I engage in forums because I'm interested in the tech, but really don't pay a lot of attention to the bugs that come and go. Enjoy!

I get phantom braking when I approach an overpass that casts a shadow on the highway...dangerous and surprised that no one has com close to rear ending me! I also get collision warnings on the same curved roads with parked cars on the sides. How do I report these to Tesla?
I get that too. Forward collision warning is set to "moderate", but parked cars trigger the warning every time I drive up my hilly and moderately curvy street, which has cars parked on the side. Never happens with the FCW systems on our i3 and E-Class.

First time using 12.1.2... NOA totally missed a lane change this morning at a highway interchange. (MA 95/128) This left me two lanes over from the intended route and headed toward an exit ramp. NOA had no intention to shift lanes by itself to maintain the indicated route. I had to take over.

NOA also turned on the turn signal to change lanes and then just stayed in the lane and never changed lanes. There were no cars in that lane for quite a distance.

At this point, I'm not sure NOA with auto lane change is ready for primetime for my commute. NOA had been okay (working ~60% of the time) when I confirmed lane changes.

Also has the ability to have the mirrors auto-dim totally gone away? They stopped working when I received 8.5 and is not in any setting in 12.1.2.

For the no-confirm lane change to work, you must apply torque to the steering wheel... the scroll wheels and stalk do not work to alleviate the nag as they do on EAP. Sucks, but that’s how the system is set up currently. Otherwise, the system is still dicey at best... works 4 out of every 10 times in traffic... still can’t handle branching exits and zippers very well... probably better odds on empty freeway stretches.
On a good note, my car navigated a traffic circle... at 15mph in a 35 zone, but previously it would have just kicked EAP off.

Reactions: israndy
I always have one hand on the wheel when using AP. Never have an issue with nagging. NOA with no-confirm lane change just doesn't seem ready for primetime.

For the no-confirm lane change to work, you must apply torque to the steering wheel... the scroll wheels and stalk do not work to alleviate the nag as they do on EAP. Sucks, but that’s how the system is set up currently. Otherwise, the system is still dicey at best... works 4 out of every 10 times in traffic... still can’t handle branching exits and zippers very well... probably better odds on empty freeway stretches.
On a good note, my car navigated a traffic circle... at 15mph in a 35 zone, but previously it would have just kicked EAP off.

I too would like to know. Someone said to press the 'talk' button, then say Bug Report and what went wrong. In another post there was something about holding down this button for 3 seconds.

But I am not sure what to do after that. Do you then press the right scroll wheel to send it? Or just leave it alone?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Reactions: Garlan Garner
When I was driving yesterday I got a message that Navigate on Autopilot was unavailable and may be available again on my next drive. Two button reboot didn't fix it. Regular autopilot was working however. It was raining during my drive but this wasn't a result of poor camera vision from the rain since that displays an entirely different message. On my drive home afterwards Navigate on Autopilot was working again although I did have a few "temporarily unavailable" events due to the rainy conditions I was driving through. Not sure why it encountered a problem on the first leg of my drive yesterday. First time I've seen this particular issue. on 2019.12.1.2 or any other version.
It didn't say NoA was unavailable due to weather? I've seen this several times in the rain and it was rain on the side cameras (since they are needed to be clear for lane changing). Normal AP works because the wipers clears those, of course.

Interesting if you got a message that was totally different....

I too would like to know. Someone said to press the 'talk' button, then say Bug Report and what went wrong. In another post there was something about holding down this button for 3 seconds.

But I am not sure what to do after that. Do you then press the right scroll wheel to send it? Or just leave it alone?

Inquiring minds want to know...

To log a bug report press the right button for the voice prompt and start saying "bug report" immediately followed by a description of the problem. For example "bug report phantom braking event". I believe I've read that this doesn't actually send anything to Tesla. It just locally stores the log data for when you created the bug report and also saves a screenshot of the display. If you contact Tesla support they'll be able to review the log files and see this info. But as I said it doesn't appear to send the bug reports directly to Tesla when you create them which is unfortunate if true.

It didn't say NoA was unavailable due to weather? I've seen this several times in the rain and it was rain on the side cameras (since they are needed to be clear for lane changing). Normal AP works because the wipers clears those, of course.

Interesting if you got a message that was totally different....

Yeah, I've gotten the notification message that it's unavailable due to poor weather several times. This was a completely different message that I had never seen before.

My autopilot is now drunk, lol. This morning I had to intervene an excessive amount of times. While going on the left lane, there were some stops where you have those exits that allow or U-turn and the autopilot kept trying to go on that late (aggressively), and I had to fight it back to the normal left lane, which caused it to disengage.
Another time, it approached a car that was stopped at the red light, and I noticed it didn't break, instead it gave a read warning asking for me to take over - which I was already doing.

I feel that the system is still struggling with some basic stuff...my bet is that the SW version we will have access to with the HW 2.5 really won't be able to get even close to the feel of FSD and they are holding up on several substantial improvements that will only work with HW 3.0... I am 100% sure if I had gone with the "Jesus take the wheel" approach today, I would've gotten into an accident.

I still use it a lot, but am always vigilant!

My autopilot and cruise were disabled this morning. No lanes or cars visualized on my screen. Tried a reboot while driving without resolution. The only thing I can think is my sensor cameras were disabled due to condensation from last nights rain?

I did a hard restart when I parked at work. We shall see if things return for this evenings drive home. Grrr

Happened to me this morning also, was using it, then after stopping, it would not resume. Would just say "Cruse not available". I rebooted, did not fix it, but then about 5 minutes later it started to work again.