TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Firmware 2019.16 features

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by willow_hiller, May 7, 2019.

1. willow_hiller

willow_hiller Member

My apologies if this was previously posted but I couldn't find it on here yet.

A reddit user posted the release notes for 2019.12.16 here:
    Imgur

Some great new features, including the much desired new car visuals, geofenced sentry mode, and side collision avoidance. Also conditional speed limits sounds interesting.

Original reddit thread here: 2019.16 release notes : teslamotors

Edit: Doh. Just noticed the fat-fingered title. Any chance of a quicky edit to "2019", mods? Thanks!

• Informative x 11
    • Like x 2
    • Love x 2
  2. JulienW

JulienW Member

Shouldn't it be week 16 of year 2019?:eek::D

You can edit your main body from 2019.12.16 to 2019.16.x.;)

3. willow_hiller

willow_hiller Member

Already spent my first edit on the title flub! Oh well, I should really wait for coffee before posting...

• Funny x 2
  4. JulienW

JulienW Member

...or 2029 to see how you did.:D

Looks like some good enhancements but still no enhanced summons.

• Like x 1
  5. scottrobertson

I would say it's best to just delete this thread and create a new one :D

• Like x 1
  6. PoitNarf

PoitNarf My dog's breath smells like dog food

You forgot to mention one of the features many here will be very excited about!

Software Update Preferences

You now have the option to receive new software updates as soon as they become available for your car configuration and region. Tap Controls > Software > Software Update Preference > ADVANCED

2019.16 also includes the newly announced Lane Departure Avoidance and Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance safety features.

Source: Imgur

• Like x 5
    • Informative x 2
    • Helpful x 1
    • Love x 1
  7. willow_hiller

willow_hiller Member

Feel free to start a few thread if you want. I've asked the mods to delete this one, but I imagine they're also getting their morning coffee right now!

8. PoitNarf

The mods can just as easily rename the thread for you. No need to delete it. I’ve already used the report feature to request that they fix your thread title.

• Like x 1
  9. woodisgood

woodisgood It's walnut, beech

Man, kind of a trip to think about what 2029.16 might look like.

10 years ago there was hardly a Tesla to speak of, smartphones were just gaining widespread traction, and most importantly, the tyrant that runs my home was nowhere near conception.

• Funny x 9
  10. novox77

novox77 1.21 Gigawatts

btw @PoitNarf is the resident new-firmware-release-thread expert :D

• Like x 3
    • Love x 1
  11. TomB985

TomB985 Member

Very cool! Pretty excited for the enhanced Sentry mode controls, as well as the lane departure "assist" mode. Competing brands have been doing this for a couple years now, and I think it's useful safety feature. My Model 3 is already cheaper to insure than the minivan it replaced, perhaps this will lower the cost further.

• Like x 1
  12. PoitNarf

Kinda bummed that I didn't create the thread about this. Must be losing my touch :D

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 1
  13. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Moderator note: thread title correction to 2019.12.16

• Helpful x 3
    • Funny x 2
  14. Zoomit

Zoomit Active Member

Thank you sir!

Now, if you would, please change it to 2019.16 ...

• Funny x 10
    • Like x 1
  15. willow_hiller

willow_hiller Member

Typos aside, how curious is it that this firmware version isn't showing up on TeslaFi, yet? I've been told that the Early Access folks don't get change log notes like these screenshots show.

16. diplomat33

diplomat33 Active Member

WOW. Looks like 2019.16 is going to be a great update. I am particularly happy for the ability to set your preferences for software updates. This should really help to get the latest updates and not be wondering for weeks where your update is. Conditional speed limits looks really good too.

• Like x 1
  17. Zoomit

Zoomit Active Member

TeslaFi is currently tracking about 1% of the Tesla fleet. I suspect it'll show up within a few hours.

• Like x 1
  18. PoitNarf

Elon just tweeted about the new software update preferences. I wonder just how immediate "immediately" will be.

Elon Musk on Twitter

tesla-software-updates.PNG

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  19. willow_hiller

willow_hiller Member

I wonder if the feature is more like "Skip software update confirmations and immediately update my car as soon as it's flagged, parked, and plugged in" rather than "Skip the rollout procedure and flag my car for updates as soon as possible."

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  20. diplomat33

diplomat33 Active Member

My guess is that you can get any update that is listed for your config and location as soon as Tesla has uploaded it to their servers instead of waiting for Tesla to then push the update to your VIN. This should help streamline Tesla's OTA update process since Tesla can now just upload an important update to their servers and have it automatically go out to cars that opted in, instead of having to push out updates to cars.

But will it apply to "Early Access" updates or only updates that have left "Early Access"? If the former, then it is a nerf to "Early Access" because it means that anyone can basically opt in to "Early Access" now. Not that I complaining. It is super cool. No more waiting weeks, hoping to get the new update! YES!

• Love x 2
    • Like x 1