Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2019.16 features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received it. OMgosh. This is the first time I have received an update when others are also getting it. Usually months later. It is an honor to be selected! So many people to thank. I am afraid I might forget someone. I would like to thank my agent. My service advisor. And oh..my wonderful wife and kids. You kids go to bed now! I want to thank ....(music playing me off)

Am I the only one seeing these tiny white specs?
I know there's that one centered white circular dot when in reverse mode (not sure what that's supposed to represent other than Reverse mode...)

But these tiny white specs really do look like dirt! I'll have to grab a screenshot of it and post next time I'm in my car

This guy talks about it in this video - starts at about 3:40:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=uFK7Zk_Hbp0

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Mobster and ibGeek
I have a 2017 Model X with HW2.5. I just got 2019.16.2 but I dont have access to lane departures avoidance. I'm located in Canada. What are the requirements to get this feature?
I posted the same observation about my S a couple posts above yours. The Tesla blog post three weeks ago announcing the features says they will be rolled out to 3’s first with S and X later, so I guess that is the answer. We will get the features later...hopefully.

• Informative
Reactions: Siggy101
I don't know where you guys are looking, but from TeslaFi data it looks to be a broad release to lots of different areas, models, and in a fairly short amount of time. If that's not en masse then I don't know what is :)

View attachment 410299
4 hours after you posted when I commented there was 82 vehicles on .16. At that point it was a trickle. En Masse is the 600+ that flowed that afternoon.

Looks like the rollout rate of 2019.16.2 is slowing down significantly. I used to be able to refresh Teslafi and see the numbers increase every couple of minutes, now it's been static at just over 15% for the last hour. I cannot wait until I can toggle Advanced software update preferences...

Looks like the rollout rate of 2019.16.2 is slowing down significantly. I used to be able to refresh Teslafi and see the numbers increase every couple of minutes, now it's been static at just over 15% for the last hour. I cannot wait until I can toggle Advanced software update preferences...
They push at certain times I’ve noticed. I think the last 200 have been holdovers from yesterday’s big push. I’d expect another push this afternoon unless they found some bug (I hope not).

I’m stuck without autopilot and I’m hoping 16.2 will fix it, as I can’t get a service appointment until 27th.

They push at certain times I’ve noticed. I think the last 200 have been holdovers from yesterday’s big push. I’d expect another push this afternoon unless they found some bug (I hope not).

Keep in mind that these get mostly pushed out through WiFi which typically people have WiFi at home and not at work. The rollouts will be slower during the day as most people are not at home with time to spare to install the update.

The rollout could be consistent but the reporting would look slower during the day just because people are not installing. (Or at least, that is my glass half full perspective).

Keep in mind that these get mostly pushed out through WiFi which typically people have WiFi at home and not at work. The rollouts will be slower during the day as most people are not at home with time to spare to install the update.

The rollout could be consistent but the reporting would look slower during the day just because people are not installing. (Or at least, that is my glass half full perspective).
Exactly. The people who are updating today could have received it last night but did not update till they reached wifi

I posted the same observation about my S a couple posts above yours. The Tesla blog post three weeks ago announcing the features says they will be rolled out to 3’s first with S and X later, so I guess that is the answer. We will get the features later...hopefully.

So my excitement last night when updating to this rollout is ..... diminished. My Model S with AP 2.0. No lane departure feature. No advanced visualization seen on Model 3's. I did get the new "twitching cars" feature. hmmmm