Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2019.16 features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received 2019.16.2. I am in Switzerland.
EAP now bales out half way through any remotely tight bend in the road. It's bloody terrifying and downright dangerous! If you are in Europe and use EAP on anything other than dead straight motorways, give this one a miss.
I know this is related to the 'new' law here about how much steering input a driver assistance system can give. This means it's very unlikely to get better any time soon. Not groovy, man.

• Informative
Reactions: RBowen
Notes to show new, nerfed EAP.

20190521_131413.jpg

Well if by en masse, you mean just as en mass as 16.1 and 16.1.1. Not en masse yet grasshopper!

Agreed. I'd call this a trickle at this stage. Hope it changes to a flood though soon.

I don't know where you guys are looking, but from TeslaFi data it looks to be a broad release to lots of different areas, models, and in a fairly short amount of time. If that's not en masse then I don't know what is :)

Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 2.11.54 PM.png

Last edited:
The most fascinating thing about that (edit: the screenshot) is that if we assume for a moment that teslafi is a representative sample of owners, then we should be seeing WAY more California installs in that list. Instead I only see one, and he had 16.1

Last edited:
The most fascinating thing about that is that if we assume for a moment that teslafi is a representative sample of owners, then we should be seeing WAY more California installs in that list. Instead I only see one, and he had 16.1
I'd assume a lot of people don't have WIFI at work, and wait to do updates until they aren't going to be driving for the next couple of hours. I usually see update ready notifications come around 10/11pm. I've only had one problem on an update, but I'm a lot less tolerant of that risk if I'm not at home.

I'd assume a lot of people don't have WIFI at work, and wait to do updates until they aren't going to be driving for the next couple of hours. I usually see update ready notifications come around 10/11pm. I've only had one problem on an update, but I'm a lot less tolerant of that risk if I'm not at home.

Well that's boring of them. This thread made me go lob my hotspot into the car and walk back inside the office, just in case I have been chosen by Lord Elon The Unpredictable to be worthy of this update