Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2019.16 features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you have the 3.0 AP hardware? According to TeslaFi I don't see any Model 3's with the AP3 hardware getting this update yet.

I do not... missed the cutoff by literally hours. Mine is an April, 2019 build, but looks like right before the changeover. Not worried - I bought the FSD package so they'll replace the computer when it's necessary.

Watching all your TMC friends get 2019.16.2 while you're stuck on 2019.12.1.2:

Screen_Shot_2017-11-10_at_10.36.15_AM.png

I don't know where you guys are looking, but from TeslaFi data it looks to be a broad release to lots of different areas, models, and in a fairly short amount of time. If that's not en masse then I don't know what is :)

View attachment 410299

Everything referenced per TeslaFi data

At the time of my post that you disagreed with(11:28AM on Tuesday) there were less than 82 installs as per TeslaFi. How do I know, because I track it and at 3:30pm on Tuesday I saw 82 installs. 82 installs as per TeslaFi is not a mass rollout. By midnight on Tuesday night there were 680 installs as per TeslaFi. Now while reasonable, even 680 by historical standards is not a mass roll out. By your measure(at 11:28am Eastern time Tuesday) you would have said that 16.1, and 16.1.1 were installing en masse. Also BECAUSE 16.1.1 effectively STOPPED rolling out after Monday, you have to be even more cautious for the next possible rollout.

12.1.2 did over 1000 per day. Even 12.1.1 did over 1000 in one day before getting pulled. 8.5 rolled out fast too.

So why you disagreed with my post tempering your en masse rollout of a whopping less than 82 vehicles is beyond me.

So why you disagreed with my post tempering your en masse rollout of a whopping less than 82 vehicles is beyond me.

Just a thought, but it seems like you're reading a whole bit too much into a simple post reaction. There are multiple ways to interpret those, and lots of us look at the "thumbs down" icon as a way to express frustration or dislike with the information presented, even if we think it's factually accurate.

The tiny print "disagree" at the bottom of the post isn't always easy to see. Lighten up, it's just the Internet after all. Feel free to disagree with this, one of my feelings any. :D

Reactions: Pkmmte
Just a thought, but it seems like you're reading a whole bit too much into a simple post reaction. There are multiple ways to interpret those, and lots of us look at the "thumbs down" icon as a way to express frustration or dislike with the information presented, even if we think it's factually accurate.

The tiny print "disagree" at the bottom of the post isn't always easy to see. Lighten up, it's just the Internet after all. Feel free to disagree with this, one of my feelings any. :D

Look, I really could care less about the disagree. I'm just pointing out that the person seems to jump to be the first one to claim something when the data doesn't support it. Then the person responds to my time specific criticism with data that hadn't happened when I commented. This person also posts a screenshot with what maybe 30 installs to say see, the update is MASSIVELY rolling out!

I don't care whether anyone disagrees with me, I just point out flaws in interpretation when I see it. People disagree with verifiable facts around here too, which boggles my mind and just shows even more that a lot of people speak without looking up simple facts first, and if I see it I will call it out because I want people to make informed comments when there is data behind the subject.

:)

Reactions: TomB985
Look, I really could care less about the disagree. I'm just pointing out that the person seems to jump to be the first one to claim something when the data doesn't support it. Then the person responds to my time specific criticism with data that hadn't happened when I commented. This person also posts a screenshot with what maybe 30 installs to say see, the update is MASSIVELY rolling out!

I don't care whether anyone disagrees with me, I just point out flaws in interpretation when I see it. People disagree with verifiable facts around here too, which boggles my mind and just shows even more that a lot of people speak without looking up simple facts first, and if I see it I will call it out because I want people to make informed comments when there is data behind the subject.

:)

Indeed, it’s all about what information you have at the time you have it ;)

I should’ve added “and where that information comes from” :D

Kids, stop bickering before I bang your heads together. We have a firmware release to discuss....

Now, about this 5 second time limit on auto lane changes here in Europe. Has that tried to kill anyone else yet or just me and my service tech when he tested it in their demo car?