Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2019.24.1 [AP1/MCU1 - just sketchpad improvements]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got 2019.24.1 late last night. No release notes - just a blank screen where they should be. Rebooted and got same when pulling it from the info screen. MCU1 car now reboots MCU every 20 minutes or so. I drove it three hours today and it was literally every 20 minutes or so. What is the preferred method of contact with Tesla around this?

Thanks in advance

Another observation (March 2017 S100D) - the car feels like it goes to "Hold" (touch pedal to continue) more frequently at stop lights under AP. Not enough time yet to decide if this is a real change or just something happening today.

Is autosteering still limited in radius here in Europe?
I have stopped updating since 2019.12.1.1 to avoid the short radius issue with autosteering/autopilot, but would like to know if it's still there or not.
Sadly it's here to stay. The UN-ECE (United Nations Economics Comission for Europe) regulation 79 is limiting the lateral acceleration for (semi) autonomous cars driving faster than 10km/h to 3m/s^2. There are some other requirements in this regulation that allegedly will delay FSD features here in Europe. 3m/s^2 should be enough to take most curves in a way that it is safe, comfortable and at a speed where you won't get passed by a pedestrian..

Tesla says the Model 3 always complied with this regulation but I'm not aware of similar messages (that steering is limited when entering a tighter curve) in the M3, so that puzzles me.

All I know is that my X now sometimes throw the anchor in the middle of a curve in order to make it through that it took very well before these limits where put in place...:confused:

I hesitate to add the “just got this update this morning!!!!” post on our ‘17 S, MCU1, AP2, FSD (prepaid when we bought) but noting that we’ve had the “advanced” update button selected since it became an option.

Previously, we’d be in the latter side of the update groups on general rollout based on what I’d see on the various trackers, but we’ve been near the front of the line for the past 3 updates.

Not sure if it’s pure coincidence or if that button actually does something. We’re not early access but we do have good, strong WiFi (Access point is ceiling mounted almost directly above the car.)

YMMV

I hesitate to add the “just got this update this morning!!!!” post on our ‘17 S, MCU1, AP2, FSD (prepaid when we bought) but noting that we’ve had the “advanced” update button selected since it became an option.

Previously, we’d be in the latter side of the update groups on general rollout based on what I’d see on the various trackers, but we’ve been near the front of the line for the past 3 updates.

Not sure if it’s pure coincidence or if that button actually does something. We’re not early access but we do have good, strong WiFi (Access point is ceiling mounted almost directly above the car.)

YMMV

Same expirende here as well. I’ve been in the very first batch the last few updates. Also a 2017 AP2 car with FSD from initial purchase.

• Helpful
Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
Same expirende here as well. I’ve been in the very first batch the last few updates. Also a 2017 AP2 car with FSD from initial purchase.

Same here - I always feel I’m behind, and my guess is it’s because of MCU1. I think 2019.24.1 was targeted for MCU1 improvements (since no model 3’s and a lot of AP 2’s). FWIW I have MCU 1, AP 2.5, and have FSD (not that it matters).

Driving a bit more with it today, my placebo brain tells me that the MCU1 performance is actually "fine" for day-to-day use on the current firmware. (I say "current" because I'm not sure anything is radically different in 2019.24, but I specifically poked around a bit today and didn't notice any speed issues.) Sure MCU1 won't play Beach Buggy and the web browser is slow/outdated, but if it manages to run at its current speed for all the usual in-car tasks (HVAC, map, music, settings) then I personally see no reason to rush to upgrade to MCU2, if that ever becomes an option.

(I also confess that I haven't been in an MCU2 S/X or TM3 recently, so maybe my brain has just learned to deal with the slight jitters and hiccups of navigating around MCU1. To be clear, MCU1 is not modern iPhone/Android smooth, but it's not painful either, like it had gotten shortly after the v9 update.)

I notice that when selecting the new "Arcade" button that my DRL's come on. If I get out of the driver's seat, the DRL's go off, quietly. If I press the "Exit" button on the Arcade screen, the DRL's go off, along with two loud clunks up front. Can anybody duplicate this? What is that clunk?

Did 2019.24.1 break my A/C?

I went ahead and finally relented to a software update notice that the car had been giving me for several days. It installed this morning around 9am. At 1130am I took the car out to pick up some lunch. It's 90ºF outside here. I turned the A/C on, and noticed it wasn't working well. I kept turning up the fan, which made lots of noise, but no more air was coming out of the vents at fan setting 1 than at 11.

At fan setting 11, the fan was roaring like usual --- but inside the dash, behind the glove compartment. It was as if the electronically-controlled internal redirect valves had stopped working and all the A/C air couldn't get out.

I rebooted both computers then did a full car power-off, waited, re-started car and . . . whew . . . A/C working again.

Anyone else experience this with 2019.24.1?

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Same here - I always feel I’m behind, and my guess is it’s because of MCU1. I think 2019.24.1 was targeted for MCU1 improvements (since no model 3’s and a lot of AP 2’s). FWIW I have MCU 1, AP 2.5, and have FSD (not that it matters).

Trust me, you guys are just lucky... I've had "advanced" set on mine since the very beginning of the option and I've been at the tail end of the subsequent 2 updates I've gotten, as well as I'm still waiting on this 24.1 update. My car is connected to wifi more than it isn't... so I'm still in the "door close" button camp on the "advanced" option...

I find the web browser now completely useless. It won’t even load the homepage of the NY Times, and things it *will* load take so long to load, it’s, as I said, useless.

Which version are you referring to? The last couple of updates have dramatically improved the browser from 100% useless to 80% useless and most recently (I'm on 2019.20.4.2) it is actually moderately useable.

Which version are you referring to? The last couple of updates have dramatically improved the browser from 100% useless to 80% useless and most recently (I'm on 2019.20.4.2) it is actually moderately useable.

Web browser HAS been useable for the last few updates, but 2019.24.1 completely broke it again. It can’t even load the basic google page,...while running in the sketch pad.

• Informative
Reactions: ahkahn and neroden