Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2019.24.x on S/X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got it on my AP2. 316 Mb.
Only sketch pad improvements.

Attachments

• EC0707AB-6259-4B83-A215-F46147984776.jpeg
    EC0707AB-6259-4B83-A215-F46147984776.jpeg
    298 KB · Views: 223
I just hope this update will fix the random slowdowns on AP. I keep having an issue where AP will be cruising at 78 mph, then randomly drop down to 63 mph with nobody around, and go back up to 78 mph after a few seconds. It's annoying and frustrating. Plus I started getting random AP disconnects significantly more than ever as of two updates ago.

So far this 24.4 one's worse on autopilot all round compared to 20.4 was. More phantom braking, the pulling up to a stopped vehicle seems to have regressed to the older more abrupt stop, autowipers doing even stranger things, multiple spontaneous aborts of autopilot when stationary at traffic lights with the car being put into park! ... Fun times had by one and all.

Last edited:
So far this 24.4 one's worse on autopilot all round compared to 20.4 was. More phantom braking, the pulling up to a stopped vehicle seems to have regressed to the older more abrupt stop, autowipers doing even stranger things, multiple spontaneous aborts of autopilot when stationary at traffic lights with the car being put into park! ... Fun times had by one and all.

My 20.4.3 had super abrupt braking and making me nauseous. I hate it. I was hoping this version fixed it.

Got the update yesterday, and looking at TeslaFi it seems like it introduced higher ranger loss when idling. My range loss for a usual "idling day" went up by a factor of 5.

What made me look in the first place is that the car was immediately turned on when I got in after my work day, as opposed to actually having to wait about 10 seconds before the ICU screen turns on. I might have to check if my energy saving settings were somehow changed during the update.

Got the update yesterday, and looking at TeslaFi it seems like it introduced higher ranger loss when idling. My range loss for a usual "idling day" went up by a factor of 5.

What made me look in the first place is that the car was immediately turned on when I got in after my work day, as opposed to actually having to wait about 10 seconds before the ICU screen turns on. I might have to check if my energy saving settings were somehow changed during the update.
I got the update last night and the car lost 8 miles of range overnight. Usually it's 1-2 miles. I'll do a reboot today and see if it somehow helps. I usually reboot after a software update but forgot last night.

I just hope this update will fix the random slowdowns on AP. I keep having an issue where AP will be cruising at 78 mph, then randomly drop down to 63 mph with nobody around, and go back up to 78 mph after a few seconds. It's annoying and frustrating. Plus I started getting random AP disconnects significantly more than ever as of two updates ago.

Still there on those. I did see a new map update in another thread. I think those are seeing and prepping for exits and other lanes.

100% agree. AP took a step back on this last one, maybe the one before last was my latest favorite.

Does anyone else notice their headlights flash when exiting from the Arcade in 2019.24.4? I don't remember seeing that before. :confused:

They do. Scared me. One goes on than off in a strange sequence. Thought it was the bitter end for one or both post warranty.:confused:

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA