Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2020.44.X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had high hopes for the big map update. Many roads with incorrect speed limits in my rural area. A few missing stop signs. Now some of the incorrect speed limits are corrected, but other rural roads are incorrect. (35mph speed limit shown on a 55 mph road - had to go 20 miles like this). Also many more stop signs aren’t recognized that were recognized before the update.

Disappointed!

• Helpful
Reactions: LowlyOilBurner
hmm I have 44.15 which I think is the present general release I heard some people saying 44.15.3 was a FSD Beta , do you have the private beta with more FSD features? I get sort of lost between the general release, the beta releases, the private beta releases. the u tubers etc. etc. let us know what it does and post release notes thanks!. on of the sites predicated a . 48 release in a few days based on standard update schedule . your 44.25 might be that . we have up to . 52 ish releases still in 2020. I don't think hey we change to V11 till a few more roll outs of betas of FSD

Literally said to my wife as checking my phone....I haven't gotten an update in a bit, I am expecting one....BOOM. However, I'm afraid it's just bug fixes 44.25.

It's installing now. I'm still new to Tesla (had my '21 MY for 3 weeks) so I'm itchy for updates.

Got 44.25. AP is essentially perfect on highway, except for avoiding potholes / debris. Amazing speed control, much less tugging sensation around curves, slows down for cars ahead rather than speeding up and slowing down unnaturally, I swear it even didn't accelerate as much when it saw a cop on the shoulder (had my speed set to 80, car was going 70 when lead car changed lanes, car ahead was 300 feet away but my car didn't speed up to 80...).

In the past 4 months, I've found that AP has improved dramatically in how natural it drives. For the first time, I feel like I'd rather let AP drive than me on highways...

Got 44.25. AP is essentially perfect on highway, except for avoiding potholes / debris. Amazing speed control, much less tugging sensation around curves, slows down for cars ahead rather than speeding up and slowing down unnaturally, I swear it even didn't accelerate as much when it saw a cop on the shoulder (had my speed set to 80, car was going 70 when lead car changed lanes, car ahead was 300 feet away but my car didn't speed up to 80...).

In the past 4 months, I've found that AP has improved dramatically in how natural it drives. For the first time, I feel like I'd rather let AP drive than me on highways...
I will echo this.
It is now almost laughable to get into our AP1 Model X and try to justify that as "Autopilot".
The updates of the last few months have brought real human feel/touch to Autopilot on HW3.

I will echo this.
It is now almost laughable to get into our AP1 Model X and try to justify that as "Autopilot".
The updates of the last few months have brought real human feel/touch to Autopilot on HW3.

Yup, I was using AP over 100 miles yesterday and was filled with a sense of admiration for the AP team. It truly felt "perfect" in the way it dealt with merging cars, cut ins, curves. I felt like I was a king sitting in the driver's seat. Don't know about other people, but I get a warm fuzzy feeling inside when my brain starts to sense that something is close to "perfect," a feeling of delight. My wife got sick of me constantly pointing out how good it is :oops:

Highway NoA still needs some work though, but I'm sure it'll get there soon.

Reactions: mikes_fsd
hi some updates on 44.25 on a route I take to see if anything has gotten " better" and or if the update is substantial or shows how much " settling in" is needed. I have a 17 MS upgraded AP3MCU2 , FSD . I think the SW rebuild is running in the back round ( Suppressed at the moment) as I have noticed a slight degredation in how the car attacks off ramps and on ramps Keeping it in NOA the whole way. this particular route is mostly 40- 70 mph with 4 ( yes 4) reasonable changes of off ramp to on ramp to off ramp to on ramp to short road off ramp to on ramp , the off ramps are all different grades and angles so it is a good test of NOA and ramp/ turn adjustments and speed shifts. a couple of revs back ( Pre re-write)

I did have one particularly nice series of flawless navigations of this route ( I cant remember the rev # unfortunately ) so I have a couple of references that it can do it. 44.25 didn't regress completely but was a little choppy in that I had to notch down the approach speed as it headed into some of the off ramps and because of that it did a bit of over correction in the turn rates. nothing severe enough to pop out of Autopilot/ NOA, but would be a little unnerving if I had had passengers, ( maybe looked a little funny to cars behind me too) sort of like a teenager a little unsure of themselves with the grade/ and turn rate .

It looks like maybe the highway driving is suffering a little at the expense of the new buried capabilities eating up processing). Things like this will of course get tweaked out with lower level second and third level dot" releases. I did this the day I got 44.25 so I'll try it a few more times to see if it settles out and will report back if it does.