Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2020.44.X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like 2020.44 is rolling out now with a lot of features and improvements:
  • Autopilot Set Speed

• Spotify Improvements

• Media Search Improvements

• Media Sources

• Voice Command Language
Source

Release Notes from u/paladinfello

oitLJH0.jpg

f23KLE8.jpg

bQhfpVb.jpg

Just installed this on my 2018 MX HW3 and went to the garage to check it out and the music was playing inside the car and the car was off. Anyone else experiencing that? I know it’s a little early to tell since wide release is happening now but thought I’d see.

It might be how we are using it or maybe we just don’t get the settings. But the speed thing will become useful when the car reads the sign and then makes the car change speed accordingly. Right now going from an 80 kmh zone to a 50 kmh means nothing. The car sees the sign, reads it and puts it up on display. Nice trick but until it actually slows the car down to that speed it’s just that. Or maybe I haven’t figured out the settings yet.

I do like the idea of using a percentage for the speed limits though. The previous method of using a fixed speed over the limit was pretty stupid. Doing 75 in a 70 limit is usually fine, but 35 in a 30 is usually a ticket around here. But 5% over is much better

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
According to @greentheonly, 2020.44 has some hints about adding 5G connectivity and hotspot functionality

hm, 2020.44 also ships with a new firmware file for CYW89359 which happens to be Cypress automotive 802.11ac wifi/BT solution (currently shipping with Broadcom BCM4349). Some additional breadcrumbs pointing at upcoming 5g modem support => connectivity suite update soon?
And then there's additional bandwidth usage monitoring added and a curious mothership option to ask cars to "collect hotspot info" - hotspot might really appear in foreseeable future?

Source

Just got this update and very excited about using the Set Current Speed option. Went out to test it on Colorado CO-470 (controlled access highway with a 65 mph speed limit). It still drops the set speed to 50 mph and starts braking every time the highway crosses another road.
All I can think of, it must momentarily think it is on the local road that passes under the highway, so sets itself to a default 50 mph limit.

Last edited:
Just got this update and very excited about using the Set Current Speed option. Went out to test it on Colorado CO-470 (controlled access highway with a 65 mph speed limit). It still drops the set speed to 50 mph and starts braking every time the highway crosses another road.
All I can think of, it must momentarily think it is on the local road that passes under the highway, so sets itself to a default 50 mph limit.

I have had the car slowing down hard on the right lane because the on ramp is showing a red light. Probably thought I was on the on ramp. Also, it will think I'm on a shoulder but it's a fresh Car Pool lane. The car will drop to 40mph before it realize it's wrong and then steady speed back up.

It's kind of annoying to drop from 80 to 40, but lucky no one was tailgating me. Most drives 85-90mph so many will tailgate me on the carpool lane even when i'm doing 80.

• Informative
Reactions: aloha1906

I know exactly the road you’re referring to. Mine does the same thing. I never thought of the local road part…

Reactions: fly4fun
I don't understand what this new autopilot speed offset is.
Before this update if I have Warning Speed Offset to +10km/h and turn on AP, then the max AP speed will be exactly that: speed limit +10. Why do we need the new setting? What is the difference?
It adds a percentage offset. So if you add 10% then 35 would become 38.5 and 70 would become 77. The offset is less at lower speed. I hope someone can say what I said in a better manner.

It adds a percentage offset. So if you add 10% then 35 would become 38.5 and 70 would become 77. The offset is less at lower speed. I hope someone can say what I said in a better manner.
I understand % offset and if I understand correctly this is the only new feature. The general behaviour is still the same. And why it's created as a totally new separate setting for that? Probably they wanted to just separate the Warning and AP max speed settings. It looks like the old "Warning speed offset" now is just that - a warning.