Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2020.44.X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After looking around for 5 minutes, I realized that the "favorites" of spotify are now gone,
And they put them, instead, in a special "playlist" in the playlist tab.

That's very very weird.

I just spared you 5 minutes looking for them.

I’d add that in addition to the calendar function not working, album art has disappeared for my ripped music. However, Sirius XM album art still shows (although not always right of course).

Also, SW still doesn’t recognize security gates and would plough through them without my intervention.

Last edited:
Might want to set your software update preference is set to 'Advanced'... Software Updates
I kinda figured that was step one for someone who even knows software updates are a thing :D
Can't say I know a Tesla owner who deliberately says "I'm fine getting not getting updates" - most of them are obsessively checking for updates every day if they know a new version is available :rolleyes:

I kinda figured that was step one for someone who even knows software updates are a thing :D
Can't say I know a Tesla owner who deliberately says "I'm fine getting not getting updates" - most of them are obsessively checking for updates every day if they know a new version is available :rolleyes:

4lx02j.jpg

Last edited:
I'd edit my above post but it's been an hour. Honestly I genuinely think the option is just there to shut people up and does nothing.

I've left my slider on "standard" since the day I got my car, and I get software updates at the same time or before other people I know who have it set to advanced. According to TeslaFi my time from discovery of a new version to being able to download and install averages 1-3 days.

The slider literally does nothing but make you feel better. Set it to standard for a few months, you will see no change in when you get your updates.

Looks like 2020.44 is rolling out now with a lot of features and improvements:
  • Autopilot Set Speed

• Spotify Improvements

• Media Search Improvements

• Media Sources

• Voice Command Language
Source

Release Notes from u/paladinfello

oitLJH0.jpg

f23KLE8.jpg

bQhfpVb.jpg
Maybe I need some help. I have 2020.44.10.1 update. Yesterday, I drove the entire length of rte 29 through central VA. It is mostly divided 4-lane but not limited access. The speed limit changes up and down from 45 to 65 mph. Why don’t we have the option to track the speed limit up and down (adjusted for the fixed or % chosen)? Autopilot works very well on this road (except for some annoying phantom braking) but I have to be diligently watching for the lower speed limits and manually reset my speed. It doesn’t makes sense to me that I can’t choose to have autopilot speed adjust to each change in speed limit (+ adjustment) both up and down. What am I missing?

I'd edit my above post but it's been an hour. Honestly I genuinely think the option is just there to shut people up and does nothing.

I've left my slider on "standard" since the day I got my car, and I get software updates at the same time or before other people I know who have it set to advanced. According to TeslaFi my time from discovery of a new version to being able to download and install averages 1-3 days.

The slider literally does nothing but make you feel better. Set it to standard for a few months, you will see no change in when you get your updates.

I have mine set to Advanced and I finally got the update last night but the update I got was 44.10 not the 44.10.1 thats been going around. Teslafi reports "There are 23 vehicles logging with TeslaFi that have a similar configuration to your vehicle and located in the same country. You have the latest software version for your vehicle.". Must be something very specific with my build.

I've noticed that my M3 on 44.10.1 seems to slow down more smoothly before getting to stop signs and before large ramp turns.

I need to check if there is still an issue when NOA into a cloverleaf. When following the red path, AP slows nicely when making the merge to the right, but then abruptly accelerates at the X before it gets to the curve. I have to take over every time, otherwise, I would be off the road at the yellow marker. I think it gets confused with the on-ramp part of the cloverleaf. I am sure the FSD update will take care of all that.

Cloverleaf.png

Also, I drive past three speed limit signs on the freeway, the first is the actual speed limit, the other is for trucks and the third is for buses. The cameras are picking up all three limits as the actual limit. The signs are marked, but the speeds are formatted the same, so not sure it will be able to pick that up unless it is reading the other words printed on the sign.

• Helpful
Reactions: helvio
Maybe I need some help. I have 2020.44.10.1 update. Yesterday, I drove the entire length of rte 29 through central VA. It is mostly divided 4-lane but not limited access. The speed limit changes up and down from 45 to 65 mph. Why don’t we have the option to track the speed limit up and down (adjusted for the fixed or % chosen)? Autopilot works very well on this road (except for some annoying phantom braking) but I have to be diligently watching for the lower speed limits and manually reset my speed. It doesn’t makes sense to me that I can’t choose to have autopilot speed adjust to each change in speed limit (+ adjustment) both up and down. What am I missing?
Thats been my experience also - driving along happily in a 45 zone doing 48 when the car decides that its now a 25 zone and we should be doing 30 so slams on the brakes. Then sees the next 45 zone and sets the speed to 40 :confused:
I honestly preferred the old system with map/gps based speeds, they were more consistent than the current system.
It is very slowly getting better, but right now I can only use it when I'm the only person in the car.
Whole sections of 290 in TX are undriveable when using autopilot currently, its very frustrating.

Reactions: X Fan
I've been testing Autopark and Summon every few trash days (maybe once a month) and with 2020.44.10.1 Autopark finally works for me!

Since my garage has a steep incline right before the door it would always get stuck at "Grade too steep". Now it's able to power through the incline and after some Summon setting tweaks it stops at the perfect spot (pretty tight fit).

Surprisingly Summon still aborts halfway through and I have to restart it at least once, both in Forwards and Reverse. But with Autopark it nailed it 3/3 times for me so far. Double tapping on the Park button finally pays off :D

I have mine set to Advanced and I finally got the update last night but the update I got was 44.10 not the 44.10.1 thats been going around. Teslafi reports "There are 23 vehicles logging with TeslaFi that have a similar configuration to your vehicle and located in the same country. You have the latest software version for your vehicle.". Must be something very specific with my build.

Do you have FSD? If you don't then you just get the 44.10 or 44.11 versions. People with FSD will get 44.10.1 or 44.10.3 etc, etc.