Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2020.48.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think my car needs another reboot, its hasn't downloaded the last three updates. Previously it was averaging 2 days after an update appeared.

Does this actually help? I’m still on 2020.39.103 after picking up my 2021 LR on Saturday. Been on wifi at home and changed my software update pref to Advanced as soon as I got the car. Also chatted with Tesla support and they told me there were no updates available for my car, but that they “sent a message to the car to let it know it can receive updates.” (Not sure I believe that did anything.)

Does this actually help? I’m still on 2020.39.103 after picking up my 2021 LR on Saturday. Been on wifi at home and changed my software update pref to Advanced as soon as I got the car. Also chatted with Tesla support and they told me there were no updates available for my car, but that they “sent a message to the car to let it know it can receive updates.” (Not sure I believe that did anything.)
You get it when you get it. New cars often need several weeks before the first update.

In the 4 years that I've owned Teslas, I've received 78 software updates. The longest time between updates was 60 days. The shortest time between updates was 1 day. The average time between updates has been 19 days.

New cars typically stay on weird version numbers for a good couple of weeks before they start getting updates, don't worry. Just be patient. Even once it starts getting updates like everyone else, there's no saying who gets what update in what order. Again, just be patient. You have no control over it anyway :)

EDIT: Heh, Morrison beat me to it. Ditto essentially :D

Dang...I'm on 2020.40.3 still even though I have advanced software updates enabled and tesla has plenty of WIFI signal...

Maybe I need to have it checked at a service center to make sure something isn't blocking this particular Tesla from getting updates?

Also want to add...that a month or so ago the software wigged out after a restart and all of our profile data was wiped, so not sure if there is still a glitch with my current configuration that is blocking new updates.

The "advanced" button has never been proven to do anything. There's no way to push an update to your vehicle as the user btw, no matter what anyone says but feel free to try any of the things people list...

If you're still having issues with the car and profiles then feel free to schedule an appt via the app but note the time/date of the issue so they can look at it remotely. You might not need to come in at all.

Finally, Tesla LOATHES questions about "why isn't my car on **** version?" The server will push an update to you whenever the stars align properly. 2020.40.3 isn't thaaaat far behind. See my attachment below from TeslaFi, yes there's only 668 Model Y's contributing data but still, your version isn't far behind. If you don't have it by mid December then put in a request via the app, it may just be gummed up in there. Get on your local Tesla Facebook page, sometimes the technicians at the Tesla service center are members on there and can look into your issue without the 3wk lead time.

Keep your car connected to strong wifi, plugged in and reboot every once in awhile press & hold both steering wheel buttons until the screen goes black ***this is for people who don't know how to reboot***

Attachments

• Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    199.9 KB · Views: 62
I normally have received updates pretty quickly, but I have waited longer for a couple of updates. I was just thinking I would skip 44.25 and go directly to 48.5, but alas, just checked and 44.25 is ready to be installed. I expect I may get another update again in a few days.

updates.jpg

The "advanced" button has never been proven to do anything. There's no way to push an update to your vehicle as the user btw, no matter what anyone says but feel free to try any of the things people list...

If you're still having issues with the car and profiles then feel free to schedule an appt via the app but note the time/date of the issue so they can look at it remotely. You might not need to come in at all.

Finally, Tesla LOATHES questions about "why isn't my car on **** version?" The server will push an update to you whenever the stars align properly. 2020.40.3 isn't thaaaat far behind. See my attachment below from TeslaFi, yes there's only 668 Model Y's contributing data but still, your version isn't far behind. If you don't have it by mid December then put in a request via the app, it may just be gummed up in there. Get on your local Tesla Facebook page, sometimes the technicians at the Tesla service center are members on there and can look into your issue without the 3wk lead time.

Keep your car connected to strong wifi, plugged in and reboot every once in awhile press & hold both steering wheel buttons until the screen goes black ***this is for people who don't know how to reboot***

Thanks. Actually last night I did reboot it and an update immediately came through...to 2020.40.8. At least it made a little bit of progress!

Another year, another round of .4x and soon .5x builds, and the annual promise of Holiday/New Year major version uptick. Fresh coat of GUI paint and some bells/whistles that will need another 2-3 quarters into 2021 to stabilize and make semi-useful. Yawn.

Ya, free on going updates all year long, are terrible. I turn my updates off, so I don’t have to complain about getting them.
You should do the same. Sounds like it’ll make you happier. :)

I normally have received updates pretty quickly, but I have waited longer for a couple of updates. I was just thinking I would skip 44.25 and go directly to 48.5, but alas, just checked and 44.25 is ready to be installed. I expect I may get another update again in a few days.

View attachment 613551
Same thing just happened to me.

I'd have been even sadder if it was the holiday update that I missed out on. Lol

Reactions: HighZ
I want to thank all of the beta testers. I love my Tesla, but I'd rather not deal with all of the random regressions and stuff in the early builds. :D

(I just got 44.25 today so make that +3)

Reactions: seniorcitizen