Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2020.48.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to thank all of the beta testers. I love my Tesla, but I'd rather not deal with all of the random regressions and stuff in the early builds. :D

(I just got 44.25 today so make that +3)

Umm, not sure why you quoted me. Is it because of the Advanced button comment and updating? You could also just choose to not update, lots of Model S owners who just never hit update for a long time until Tesla told them they’d be cutting off certain services.

I got 2020.48.5 over weekend and IMHO I think that they reintroduced some of the phantom braking bugs that plagued us several revisions ago. Every morning now as I approach a bridge overpass that's just at a slight curve in the highway, the lights under the bridge appear side-by-side for a short while and I think the car thinks that they are headlights(?) I had 4 or 5 different phantom braking events just this AM driving in. :-\

You get it when you get it. New cars often need several weeks before the first update.

In the 4 years that I've owned Teslas, I've received 78 software updates. The longest time between updates was 60 days. The shortest time between updates was 1 day. The average time between updates has been 19 days.

Since my first Model S in Sept of 2013, I’ve received 96 updates. They were few and far between in the early days and much faster now. I have learned that if I point the front of my vehicle towards Fremont, CA, and make sure all of my tire pressure valves are at the 12 o’clock position I receive the updates much more quickly..............

Some nice features coming...but only for those who live in China or Canada. Are those features ever slated to come to other markets? Does anyone know if China and Canada law required the improvements included in this update?

we won't get the flashing brake lights in the US unless DOT/NHTSA change their stance on them. and the US already has the stop light/stop sign piece. Canada is late to the party and just getting it in .48

Reactions: GtiMart
48.5 after parking and exiting vehicle with "headlights on after exit" setting, now taillights remain on too finally. It looks nice.

You can thank the Bargersville police department for that fix:

Todd Bertram @ToddBertram1
Oct 22

Tesla model 3 police car had an issue with the headlights turning off when emergency lights were on and we were out of the car on a stop 1 email to Tesla and the next update the problem was fix. All I have to say is Tesla you amaze me still

I got 2020.48.5 over weekend and IMHO I think that they reintroduced some of the phantom braking bugs that plagued us several revisions ago. Every morning now as I approach a bridge overpass that's just at a slight curve in the highway, the lights under the bridge appear side-by-side for a short while and I think the car thinks that they are headlights(?) I had 4 or 5 different phantom braking events just this AM driving in. :-\

Absolutely agree.
Although local driving is better, highway/long distance is brutally bad. On our trip from Naples to NC today, phantom stops for trucks in adjacent lanes, shadows, slight upgrade by bridge overpasses (and I mean really slight upgrades since i95 is damn flat). This occurred at least 20 times.

Sigh....

Last edited: