Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2020.48.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
7DC8874B-8649-4972-9C03-47515F33A351.png Same here in Texas. Slow download so it may be the surprise Elon said was coming !

Since my first Model S in Sept of 2013, I’ve received 96 updates. They were few and far between in the early days and much faster now. I have learned that if I point the front of my vehicle towards Fremont, CA, and make sure all of my tire pressure valves are at the 12 o’clock position I receive the updates much more quickly..............

Sure doesn't work with my M3 ;(

Interestingly - today I noticed two huge improvements in 44.25:
  • TACC at a stop light with cars in front did a really nice smooth stop. It normally comes in too hot and then stops pretty hard. Then when the light turned green and the car in front accelerated - the car accelerated really nicely, not slow and hesitantly like it used to.
  • Perpendicular Auto park worked. Like that’s never worked for me before.
I’m curious if those on 48.xx are seeing something similar or better?

Seeing some behavioral changes in fsd that seem positive. One section of a local road that the car used to have trouble tracking the lanes boundary is no longer an issue. Freeway lane optimization seems a little smarter.

Came from 44.x

Huh. I tired 2020.48.10 this morning on a few roads that used to be OK on AutoSteer, now the car actually steered into the other lane. I had like 3 disengagement’s on said road in about a mile. And AGAIN, waaaay to fast on curves. Tesla: you had the slowing down for curves right on 2020.28.5, can we have it back????

Huh. I tired 2020.48.10 this morning on a few roads that used to be OK on AutoSteer, now the car actually steered into the other lane. I had like 3 disengagement’s on said road in about a mile. And AGAIN, waaaay to fast on curves. Tesla: you had the slowing down for curves right on 2020.28.5, can we have it back????
Personally I found it slowed down way to much on curves previously and prefer the new curve speed