Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2020.48.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New cars typically stay on weird version numbers for a good couple of weeks before they start getting updates, don't worry. Just be patient. Even once it starts getting updates like everyone else, there's no saying who gets what update in what order. Again, just be patient. You have no control over it anyway :)

This must be somewhat controlled by the dealership, mine was up-to-date -1 on delivery day and within 24 hours the very latest which had not been out but a week or so. I think they updated it before I picked it up. Seems like most all my updates come about 7 days after they are seen here.

I got the update today, strangely my car downloaded (and apparently installed, since it was visible under the Software tab of settings) a new version of the map/navigation data (EU-2020.3X-something) the day before but as I got into the car this morning after installing 2020.48.10 the navigation data was back to EU-2019.21-12489.

This this happen to anyone else?

Downloaded 48.10 two nights ago and drove from NC to FL.

Album/XM radio pictures still mixing or off a song.

Phantom stopping still a problem although not as severe as previous version. I found late afternoon with shadows off trees on I95 to be a big problem along with pulling aside a truck. Night AP was flawless.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
Downloaded 48.10 two nights ago and drove from NC to FL.

Album/XM radio pictures still mixing or off a song.

Phantom stopping still a problem although not as severe as previous version. I found late afternoon with shadows off trees on I95 to be a big problem along with pulling aside a truck. Night AP was flawless.

Since getting 48.10 I haven't experienced phantom braking but last night coming home I did receive the alert of 'Front camera blocked or blinded' or something to that effect. This lead to no cruise control or autopilot. Would go away but then come back. This repeated about 5-6 times within a span of 20 minutes. Never saw this before and it was a clear night, not inclement weather that would obstruct the cameras view. I put a service request to see if they can find anything in the logs but not hopeful. Did a reboot when I got home so will see if it comes up again.

As for album art, ya its still missing from USB media as well.

Since getting 48.10 I haven't experienced phantom braking but last night coming home I did receive the alert of 'Front camera blocked or blinded' or something to that effect. This lead to no cruise control or autopilot. Would go away but then come back. This repeated about 5-6 times within a span of 20 minutes. Never saw this before and it was a clear night, not inclement weather that would obstruct the cameras view. I put a service request to see if they can find anything in the logs but not hopeful. Did a reboot when I got home so will see if it comes up again.

As for album art, ya its still missing from USB media as well.

What temperature was it outside last night? Condensation is the usual cause for that.

What temperature was it outside last night? Condensation is the usual cause for that.

Per TeslaFi it was around 33-35 degrees. The drive up was fine it was just on the drive back home. Tesla responded and said it was obstruction due to dirty windshield. Took a look and its almost spotless so don't buy that it was due to a dirty windshield. Hopefully not some issue with 48.10 but will keep an eye on it.

Per TeslaFi it was around 33-35 degrees. The drive up was fine it was just on the drive back home. Tesla responded and said it was obstruction due to dirty windshield. Took a look and its almost spotless so don't buy that it was due to a dirty windshield. Hopefully not some issue with 48.10 but will keep an eye on it.

Depending on the dew point, that sounds like condensation was indeed possible. If it happens again, please take a look and see if you see any condensation in front of the cameras.

It's quite common on the door pillar cameras; my left side especially does that once in a while. Not enough that I've scheduled a service appointment for it, but it's annoying when it does happen.

Depending on the dew point, that sounds like condensation was indeed possible. If it happens again, please take a look and see if you see any condensation in front of the cameras.

It's quite common on the door pillar cameras; my left side especially does that once in a while. Not enough that I've scheduled a service appointment for it, but it's annoying when it does happen.

Definitely will keep an eye on it but this is a fist time I've ever seen this message (or have CC & AP not be available) in the past 37,000 miles.