Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2020.48.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
but when they buy the Ford, are they also paying for a $5000 upgraded night vision windshield, and then Ford keeps pushing back installing it for 3 years? And won’t let you transfer the option to a new vehicle, since it’s ford’s fault it’s not finished?

If you are talking about FSD ... that was already discussed. Buyers should know what they are getting into and that has nothing to do with the affordability issue. So compare the SR+ with no FSD at $39.9K to an F-150 avg selling price at $47.6K. In that example, there's no such option that Tesla is not delivering on, and in fact, with all the OTA updates, you are getting more value as the car gets older. That *never* happens with any other car.

Also I don’t know who runs that Teslascope twatter, but their conclusions and interpretations of Elon’s post seem completely speculative and goofy.

Who says today’s release is “half” of what was planned? Who’s the “we” that expects, without any actual information, that the other half of the features are coming in two weeks or less?

I think it is based on Elon saying that this update is only a 1/2 "fire emoticon" if you don't have pedestrian speakers. Although, I think 1/2 "fire" is Elon's way of saying "half the awesome", not literally 1/2 the number of features.

but when they buy the Ford, are they also paying for a $5000 upgraded night vision windshield, and then Ford keeps pushing back installing it for 3 years? And won’t let you transfer the option to a new vehicle, since it’s ford’s fault it’s not finished?

You are getting features when you pay for FSD. Just not what is listed as coming soon. Not quite the same as an analogy where you get nothing upfront.

Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
By this logic, isn’t every software update “part 1”? This is a silly (but on-brand) excuse for setting high expectations and then failing to deliver.

Yup.

You are getting features when you pay for FSD. Just not what is listed as coming soon. Not quite the same as an analogy where you get nothing upfront.

So far I've gotten one feature for the thousands of dollars I paid for FSD: my car stops at stoplights and stop signs.

"yay"

So far I've gotten one feature for the thousands of dollars I paid for FSD: my car stops at stoplights and stop signs.

Not that it matters (I live / drive mostly in a place where there are notoriously no red lights) but do you need AP HW 2.5/3 for that or does it work on HW2 (and MCU 1)?

Because si far all I’ve gotten from FSD is a very expensive invoice and a bunch of canceled appointments for the AP HW upgrade..

Elon "confirms" a lot of things that turn out to be BS.

Why is it again, you own a car that causes you so much pain and anxiety day in and day out ?
Resale is pretty good right now. You’re a lawyer, so you can afford to swap to say a Hellcat, or a Bolt, or an iPace.
Seriously, why not switch. Please...