Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2020.8.1 Incoming...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh what a pleasant surprise...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    448 KB · Views: 251
Reactions: jerseygirl18
2018 100D Got my HW3 upgrade about a month ago.
On my model, update notes indicate 3rd party chargers now displayed, Bluetooth improvement and voice command improvement. No reference to change in regen or range change. For me, the BT improvement is a great update alone. Having the car take control of BT only when I'm inside and ready to drive makes much more sense. I was getting so tired of the car hijacking my BT just because I walked by with my keys in my pocket....

Pre-Raven March 2018 Model S 100D.(MCU2 & FSD Computer 3.0 retrofit)
No Regen improvements in release notes.
View attachment 518612

I can now confirm that xFAT is not supported on my configuration in 2020.8.1. (Pre-Raven March 2018 Model S 100D.(MCU2 & FSD Computer 3.0 retrofit))
Beyond no mention in the release notes...
I tested a flash drive I formatted to xFAT (using Mac Disk Utilities) Not recognized.

I can now confirm that xFAT is not supported on my configuration in 2020.8.1. (Pre-Raven March 2018 Model S 100D.(MCU2 & FSD Computer 3.0 retrofit))
Beyond no mention in the release notes...
I tested a flash drive I formatted to xFAT (using Mac Disk Utilities) Not recognized.
Interesting. I have a 19 5/19 build raven with MCU 2 & FSD obviously so it’s close to your car. Wondering if the exFat is for M3 only since they have the higher powered USB ports. I just got 2020.4.10 a week ago then 2020.4.11 2 days ago so I’m sure that is way too many updates for Tesla to be giving me and I’ll have to wait a couple weeks before I get it. We’ll see