Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2020.8.1 Incoming...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
8.1 is having an explosively fast release by Tesla standards. Wide rollout started 7 days ago and its already 37% of the fleet.

/edit. Over 25% of the 11,000 total cars on Teslafi installed it on March 9th & 10th alone.

August 2019 Model X Performance - was on 2019.40.50.7 and prompted to 2020.8.1
However stuck on installing at 30% for about 30 minutes now

I'm curious if your Performance Model X Release notes say, my non Performance LR does say it. I'm curious if the improved regenerative braking is the "Plus" range increase.

Regenerative Braking
Only Model S and X

Regenerative braking force has been increased to improve the driving experience and increase how much energy is actively returned to the battery when slowing down

I'm curious if your Performance Model X Release notes say, my non Performance LR does say it. I'm curious if the improved regenerative braking is the "Plus" range increase.

Regenerative Braking
Only Model S and X

Regenerative braking force has been increased to improve the driving experience and increase how much energy is actively returned to the battery when slowing down
This was for Raven only S&X's???

Regenerative Braking
Only Model S and X

My June 2019 build Performance Model X has this feature in the release notes.

Regenerative Braking
Only Model S and X

I have the same in my Release Notes. Mine is 2019 MS Raven LR.

Was hoping for an improvement in re-gen, but on my first drive since the update (~60 miles, 45 degrees) I didn't notice any difference! I can end up driving for 30 miles before yellow dotted line goes away. Sometimes I get the yellow warning triangle. First 10 miles regen is minimal and is only really good after I have charged at the supercharger. Maybe it will get better in the Summer.

Sept 2019 LR

Was hoping for an improvement in re-gen, but on my first drive since the update (~60 miles, 45 degrees) I didn't notice any difference! I can end up driving for 30 miles before yellow dotted line goes away. Sometimes I get the yellow warning triangle. First 10 miles regen is minimal and is only really good after I have charged at the supercharger. Maybe it will get better in the Summer.

Sept 2019 LR
Do you schedule your car to finish charging shortly before you leave for work?

Do you schedule your car to finish charging shortly before you leave for work?

No I don't. In fact, most nights I don't have it charging, as I charge most of the time at a nearby urban SC every 2-4 days for free. The time I leave varies as well. Plus, I don't charge at work. Heating the battery should give me a more consistent experience, but not sure on how much I'd pay to heat the battery versus gain on re-gen. I think I should just be able to get in the car and have a pretty good experience - the regen and one-pedal driving on my 2018 LEAF is very good unless > 95% charged; I was a bit surprised when I got the X. First world problems!