Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2021.40.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RichieB

Collaborator
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Not sure what features it adds. Didn't see this version mentioned anywhere yet.
IMG_8949.jpeg

Spotify streams are 96kbps, why would you think Tesla would give you lossless lol
Good question - from the release notes of todays update: "TIDAL streaming is now available from the Media menu with a TIDAL account. You can listen to TIDAL playlists or albums in high-quality audio by connecting to Wi-Fi and pressing Download on the selected content."

It's the download option that excites me. I've taken the double blind audio codec comparison tests - lossy vs lossless - and didn't do so good. That being said, if I could download tidal tracks, why not spotify? Maybe later apple music? My future state hope is that even if I can only stream at 96, maybe I can add playlists and the car downloads all the tracks while on Wifi

I have no idea. It is enabled by default (can only be disabled in P) and sounded the same as ever. Maybe the change is that you can turn it off? Will try this later today.
TACC didn't have a chime in the past. Enabling AP had the double-chime.

I believe there were complaints in China with the lack of a chime when TACC was enabled so Tesla added it. Fortunately, they do allow it to be disabled.

Reactions: Ramphex
Yes, it seems to be a bug with auto zoom in this version. I use the trip route view and have the same issue. I can get auto zoom to work right after a reboot of the MCU but only for a single route. I hope it will be fixed soon because it is really annoying.

• Helpful
Reactions: AustinP