Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2023.2 and Park Assist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

aq42

Apr 17, 2022
UK
Yesterday (or the day before) the online Model 3 Owner's Manual was updated to Firmware/Software 2023.2. TeslaFi shows a limited deployment to the UK so far.

The section on Park Assist seems to have been updated. Unfortunately I haven't downloaded the previous version, but the current one seems to imply that cars without USS should now have it

eg

Keep sensors (if equipped) and cameras clean from dirt, debris, snow, and ice. Avoid using a high pressure power washer on the sensors and cameras, and do not clean a sensor or camera with a sharp or abrasive object that can scratch or damage its surface.
and

Park Assist may not function correctly in these situations:

• One or more of the sensors (if equipped) or cameras is damaged, dirty, or obstructed (such as by mud, ice, or snow, or by a vehicle bra, excessive paint, or adhesive products such as wraps, stickers, rubber coating, etc.).

I'm waiting hopefully for the update . . .

Having read the updated manual it’s basically a long disclaimer for TV Parking. Saying you shouldn’t trust it and it’s likely to miss anything you’re near, particularly if it’s not dry, fine and warm…..🤣

I wish they did a birdseye / 360 view for manual parking… the Beta Autopark doesn’t need it when it will work - but until then it would be nice !
The car can't do 360 with the cameras in the positions they currently are. The cameras can't see the ground unless you're driving towards or away from somethiing. Of course the "occupancy network" is supposed to be a panacea for this, USS-less parking and all other problems, e.g. world hunger.

I wish they did a birdseye / 360 view for manual parking… the Beta Autopark doesn’t need it when it will work - but until then it would be nice !
There is a lovely birdseye 360 view for parking now, seemingly activated at low speeds automatically. The wavy lines are a bit distracting but love the distance countdown.
Haven’t tested its accuracy but a neat way of displaying in my options. M3LD.

There is a lovely birdseye 360 view for parking now, seemingly activated at low speeds automatically. The wavy lines are a bit distracting but love the distance countdown.
Haven’t tested its accuracy but a neat way of displaying in my options. M3LD.
Really?

Do you just mean the standard ‘proximity’ graphics like this or full on birdseye 360 imaging?

03A37E6A-28C4-468C-9DC3-9C0ACD353B6F.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: boombap