Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2019.16 features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

willow_hiller

Apr 3, 2019
Maryland
My apologies if this was previously posted but I couldn't find it on here yet.

A reddit user posted the release notes for 2019.12.16 here:
Imgur

Some great new features, including the much desired new car visuals, geofenced sentry mode, and side collision avoidance. Also conditional speed limits sounds interesting.

Original reddit thread here: 2019.16 release notes : teslamotors

Edit: Doh. Just noticed the fat-fingered title. Any chance of a quicky edit to "2019", mods? Thanks!

You forgot to mention one of the features many here will be very excited about!

Software Update Preferences

You now have the option to receive new software updates as soon as they become available for your car configuration and region. Tap Controls > Software > Software Update Preference > ADVANCED

2019.16 also includes the newly announced Lane Departure Avoidance and Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance safety features.

Source: Imgur

Very cool! Pretty excited for the enhanced Sentry mode controls, as well as the lane departure "assist" mode. Competing brands have been doing this for a couple years now, and I think it's useful safety feature. My Model 3 is already cheaper to insure than the minivan it replaced, perhaps this will lower the cost further.

Reactions: SmartElectric
My apologies if this was previously posted but I couldn't find it on here yet.

A reddit user posted the release notes for 2019.12.16 here:
Imgur

Some great new features, including the much desired new car visuals, geofenced sentry mode, and side collision avoidance. Also conditional speed limits sounds interesting.

Original reddit thread here: 2019.16 release notes : teslamotors

Edit: Doh. Just noticed the fat-fingered title. Any chance of a quicky edit to "2019", mods? Thanks!

WOW. Looks like 2019.16 is going to be a great update. I am particularly happy for the ability to set your preferences for software updates. This should really help to get the latest updates and not be wondering for weeks where your update is. Conditional speed limits looks really good too.

Reactions: willow_hiller
Elon just tweeted about the new software update preferences. I wonder just how immediate "immediately" will be.

Elon Musk on Twitter

tesla-software-updates.PNG

Elon just tweeted about the new software update preferences. I wonder just how immediate "immediately" will be.

Elon Musk on Twitter

View attachment 405072

I wonder if the feature is more like "Skip software update confirmations and immediately update my car as soon as it's flagged, parked, and plugged in" rather than "Skip the rollout procedure and flag my car for updates as soon as possible."

Elon Musk on Twitter

View attachment 405072

My guess is that you can get any update that is listed for your config and location as soon as Tesla has uploaded it to their servers instead of waiting for Tesla to then push the update to your VIN. This should help streamline Tesla's OTA update process since Tesla can now just upload an important update to their servers and have it automatically go out to cars that opted in, instead of having to push out updates to cars.

But will it apply to "Early Access" updates or only updates that have left "Early Access"? If the former, then it is a nerf to "Early Access" because it means that anyone can basically opt in to "Early Access" now. Not that I complaining. It is super cool. No more waiting weeks, hoping to get the new update! YES!