Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 4.3 - basic charging scheduling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just installed 4.3. Canadian owners rejoice! The rated range line in the energy app is now correctly displayed.

Will test the updated range in cold weather this pm.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21363276838.734857.jpg

It seems auto mode for HVAC in 4.3 is now properly tuned for warming/venting car in the cold. It's 0C (32F) here and, so far, flawless. Huge difference.

Good. Hopefully this fixed the temperature sensor. I always felt like the AC was on when heat should be blowing out. I'd have to set my temp to high to feel warm air coming out. But clearly it was obvious why it was like that when I check the remote app. The remote app shows 84 degrees inside the car when it's 30 degrees outside and I have the inside temp set to 76. Inside temp was probably closer to 68 and the damn AC is on instead of heat. Car thinks its 84 degrees in there LOL no way

image.jpg

Interesting. I hit the "install" button shortly after 1 pm. The car had been recently driven but the pack wasn't fully warmed. I didn't plug it in. At 1:19 pm I used the App to check the range - said 352 km.

I just checked the App again, at 2:56 pm. It had been out in windy -7C conditions for a couple of hours. It now shows 356 km.

Never seen the number go UP while unplugged before...

Hi Patp,

How long did the update take ?

Don't know exactly. About 30-40 min.

- - - Updated - - -

Good. Hopefully this fixed the temperature sensor. I always felt like the AC was on when heat should be blowing out. I'd have to set my temp to high to feel warm air coming out. But clearly it was obvious why it was like that when I check the remote app. The remote app shows 84 degrees inside the car when it's 30 degrees outside and I have the inside temp set to 76. Inside temp was probably closer to 68 and the damn AC is on instead of heat. Car thinks its 84 degrees in there LOL no way

I can't quote my source, but let's say the sensor isn't placed at the ideal place... But Tesla has been working hard on improving the software on that issue. It's almost too hot in the car now ;)

Last edited:
I think it's generally a good idea to do the update at home. That way the car is sitting there safe and you are already home in case something happens with the update.

Very true.. but i have been spoiled with no issues with my car, so the confidence is making me more 'carefree'

- - - Updated - - -

Less than 15 minutes for me.

just checked my car and its done !.. ( so some number less than 30 minutes )

I can't quote my source, but let's say the sensor isn't placed at the ideal place... But Tesla has been working hard on improving the software on that issue. It's almost too hot in the car now ;)

Definitely warmer; may have to dial the temperature down a degree. The Auto setting cranked the fan up to 9. Will be interesting to see what it backs down to once the car has warmed up.

I updated this morning. It took around 14-16 minutes before it was done -- and when it was done, it stopped my Chargepoint session and I had to go back out to restart the charge (the chargepoint texted me when the charging stopped, which is how I know it was done).

Interesting. I hit the "install" button shortly after 1 pm. The car had been recently driven but the pack wasn't fully warmed. I didn't plug it in. At 1:19 pm I used the App to check the range - said 352 km.

I just checked the App again, at 2:56 pm. It had been out in windy -7C conditions for a couple of hours. It now shows 356 km.

Never seen the number go UP while unplugged before...

same thing happened to me... it went from 229 to 251 after the update