Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 4.3 - basic charging scheduling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's minor, but they fixed the bug they introduced in 4.2 where it would show the wrong wheels on screen. It seems that the update installs the software for the instrument cluster first and then the main screen. I had to reboot the instrument cluster after the install was done and it then showed the correct wheels on both screens.

Heads-up!

Since the 4.3 (1.25.35) update my doors won't stay locked. I lock the car and about 10 seconds later the car unlocks and handles present themselves. Walk-away locking doesn't work. App locking doesn't work. Rebooting via thumbwheels didn't make a difference.

Fortunately I'm at home tonight (tip: always do your software updates when at home) and Tesla Service in Tampa is on the case already. I'll report back as soon as there's news.

Things I love about Tesla #7:

It's 8.00pm here and Aaron (Tampa Service Tech) has been on the phone with an engineer in California. Seems like there is a "version mismatch for the security controller" on my car and it should be cured by re-sending the firmware which they're going to do tonight. Mark (Tesla Service Manager) also called to see what he can do and asked me to let them know how it goes.

It's not fixed yet (waiting on the software), but what other auto company would have provided after hours support like this?

Re-sending firmware didn't fix the door locking problem (see my posts up-thread) but the engineers have sent our Service Tech a fix and he's coming at 9.00am tomorrow armed with his laptop. I'm not sure why this problem occurred, but it does sound like there's a fix already.

Re-sending firmware didn't fix the door locking problem (see my posts up-thread) but the engineers have sent our Service Tech a fix and he's coming at 9.00am tomorrow armed with his laptop. I'm not sure why this problem occurred, but it does sound like there's a fix already.

Sounds a bit like on your S the remote update might be stuck in some unusual state (perhaps due to the mismatch, or that being the reason of the mismatch in the first place).

For example in California PG&E off peak hours start at 9:00pm in the summer and 8:00pm in the winter so setting a charge start time of 9:30pm puts you well into the cheap rate window any time of the year - set it and forget it. :)

For schedule E9, California PG&E off peak hours start at midnight Mon-Fri and 9:00pm on weekends. See here.

I guess you can set the charge time at midnight and you would always be charging at the lowest rate (provided charging is complete before 7:00am).

Last edited:
That's incorrect. California PG&E off peak hours start at midnight Mon-Fri and 9:00pm on weekends. See here.

Correct for E9, but for E6, off-peak still starts at 9 p.m. Mon-Fri.

- - - Updated - - -

No update yet, but hopefully the lock thing gets sorted out first

Does seem to be totally random what order the updates are being delivered.

Received this update much earlier in the roll-out sequence compared to 4.2 Have the timer set to top off again at 10 AM. This will make it very easy to see what the idle power losses every 24 hrs are. Previously had to normalize results to 24 hrs since the start time was different each day.

Does anybody know what this setting does?

Turbo2.png

I did the 4.3 update today. I had called Tesla tech for some other reason and asked, jokingly, when I was going to get 4.3. He told me he could just push it to my car while we were talking. Sure enough, in a few hours it was ready to update.

The problem is that immediately after the update my rear camera stopped working. It simply says its unavailable. I tried resetting the center screen to no avail. The tech folks in Portland are looking into a remote fix. If nothing else I have a service appointment on the 23rd to put the front plate holder on and Jason said they would take care of that as well.

Some of these little glitches are just strange. It's a good thing that tesla has top-notch service people. :)

Oh, and any "journalist" out there who wants to quote this, quit being lazy and do some real work. This is a non-issue that is being resolved.