Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 4.3 - basic charging scheduling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aside from the new features and charging issue (which appears to only be an issue for a few people, and for which a fix will be rolled into an update), I'm interested in hearing what bugs are fixed in 4.3. Maybe I missed it, but I haven't seen many 4.3ers report on that.

Some have had it for a decent amount of time now. What fixes are you noticing? Is the backup camera overlay issue fixed? Is the lost 3G signal bug fixed? Any door handle/door opening issues? Need some meat please!

The only issue I had with 4.2 was the mouse flatulence blinker issue. 4.3 fixed it. I don't see much difference with 4.3. The release notes only discuss scheduled charging.

I haven't had any issues with 4.3 except I'm noticing (need to collect more data to confirm) that the Auto headlights seem to stay on significantly longer when I drive into daylight. Maybe I just dripped some polish over the sensor. BTW: where is the sensor?:smile:

A couple of observations regarding my experience with 4.3:

1. I have twice now found that the walk-away lock feature doesn't consistently work. It happened at home in the garage. The App showed the car as unlocked, so I checked that the Setting for walk-away was on. I then rebooted to see if that helped. It seemed to. Then it occurred again last night. We had gone to a show, and during intermission I checked the Tesla App and found that the car was unlocked, with no door showing as open. I locked it from the app and found it locked when we returned to the car. This needless to say is a bit concerning.

2. While checking on the lock above, I also checked "Climate." It was off. I turned it on just to show my friend it turning on. Then turned it off and closed the app. Later while driving home my wife complained that the car was getting stuffy. I checked and sure enough the "Climate" system was turned off. So, left the car with "Climate" on, turned on then off from the App, and it stays off when you return to car.

I had a bit of a bizarre problem with my MSP when it did the update.

Typically, both screens go dark during the update. For some reason, my primary display went dark, and then the instrument cluster display went dark and then rebooted. The dreaded yellow "contact service" appeared -- although later it too restarted by itself. Calling into the support team, it appeared the car did update. Will do a thorough test today. Seems to be related to this being a major release (despite the version number suggesting otherwise) as opposed to a patch.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty sure that was "sleep mode", removed in 4.2. The screen shot was from the 4.0 manual. My Tesla page doesn't currently show me links to the manuals, so I don't know if they updated them yet. (I sent an email to them about these links this morning.)

Correct. It was removed as it caused other issues. (One particularly annoying one is that the car wouldn't "wake" to charge when plugged into a J1772 adapter.)

- - - Updated - - -

The problem for me is that it's inconsistent. Sometimes it wipes with a few drops on the windshield, but the next time waits until there's ten times as much water and I can't see. In light rain, I find I have to push the manual wipe button about once a minute.

You should check to see if your infrared sensor (also used for auto headlights) is dirty or not functioning properly. Mine had a small amount of dirt on it and the fine service folks took care of it for me. The net effect is the wipers didn't always fire in auto mode when appropriate and the lights would stay on when not needed.

Map day/night tiling fixed????

Interesting - after the discussion on this thread about google map tiling, slow switch from night to day etc., I noticed a change today: Map is no longer tiling. I went from dark to light to dark to light to dark to light all today... and each time, the map refreshed correctly and immediately.

I am still on 4.2. So, if indeed this is fixed without new Tesla software, this tells me it wasn't a Tesla bug/design flaw after all, but a Google issue where the car was telling the Google website that the lighting changed, but the Google website was not responding properly.

I think the rain sensor is on the window and the light sensor is actually on the mirror.

I thought the light sensor on the back of the mirror was just for the auto dimming (mirror) feature. If you hold your hand over that sensor in the daytime for a minute or so, you'll see the rear view mirrors all darken. I'll have to check if that makes the headlights come on too, but the last time I tried this, the mirrors darkened, but the dash displays did not go in to night mode.

Ok, weird. I just updated to 4.3 3-hours ago, now I have another update notice!?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364068662.770402.jpg

And the second update is still xxx.40, weird

Evan, Via Tapatalk

i have been assuming that perhaps there are fw component updates, with separate versions. perhaps an overall update required another module to be updated. so, say fw 1.25.xx (4.2) utilizes some fw components that are incompatible with a couple different versions of sub-systems (drive control, PEM control, nav, accessories, etc) fw, and once your major fw components were up to the latest version, .40, the sub-system(s) in question could be updated to the latest as well...? or, maybe it was just confused, something in the update didn't set a flag correctly and it thought it still needed an update, when it checked it realized it didn't. could be.

i, too, just updated to .40 (4.3), all seems to work fine.

plugging in while a charge time is set i notice that the port ring is blue. meaning standing by i assume. forget what the manual said about that color. at any rate, looking good. finally charge timers are here, i love it when a plan comes together. :)

it's very weird to treat your car like a computer, checking versions, and waiting for the latest updates to fix bugs and enable features. what's this world coming to?? lol.

love it.

Just did the update to 4.3 (1.25.40) from 4.2 (1.19.49). Everything seemed to work just fine.

15 minutes after starting the update I went out to the car. Main screen was off but the driver's console indicated "Car Needs Service", just as was posted earlier in this thread. I figured (hoped) that the update just hadn't finished, as shortly thereafter both screens went dark.

I came out to the car about 30 minutes later, and everything was perfect. Scheduled charging, sitting there staring me in the face.

So for those that see the "Car Needs Service" error while installing, just keep waiting a bit longer for the update to finish.

Just did the update to 4.3 (1.25.40) from 4.2 (1.19.49). Everything seemed to work just fine.

15 minutes after starting the update I went out to the car. Main screen was off but the driver's console indicated "Car Needs Service", just as was posted earlier in this thread. I figured (hoped) that the update just hadn't finished, as shortly thereafter both screens went dark.

I came out to the car about 30 minutes later, and everything was perfect. Scheduled charging, sitting there staring me in the face.

So for those that see the "Car Needs Service" error while installing, just keep waiting a bit longer for the update to finish.

that message has come up during every update for me. i think it is simply that the fw install requires a routine where the battery and other systems are taken offline, which triggers the alert. i think it can be very safely ignored until the car restarts after an install.

I updated to 4.3 (1.25.40) today and noticed something odd afterwards - some of the car settings had changed. Regen went from Standard to Low, and my climate control from Eco to Custom (fan speed was no longer Auto). I did a quick check and didn't see anything else that was different. The only change that had me concerned was the Regen one. When you expect it to work at a certain level and it doesn't, it is a little unnerving at first. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this or something similar. as I have not seen this on any prior update.